Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-09-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Ok what one do you like and why?

Weight : a lil under 200 lbs
Skill level: Begginer - Intermediate.

Need to know more please ask.

I will demo soon.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-09-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
i just got the absolute platinum 141 but 05 not 06. its realnice and seems to land a hell of a lot softer and pop higher than my 134 pure.
i have not tried the marius but have heard its also a great board. no bad comments about either that ive heard of
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-10-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
Anyone else?
Old    wayknbayk            04-10-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
I won that Flame at spring ride, which is the old Absolute mold. Its a 141 and am looking to sell because its a little too large for me. Hit me if youre interested.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2006, 10:21 PM Reply   
i've ridden both and went w/ the marius. i prefer boards w/ 3-stage rockers, but i really like/need the super soft landings of the marius. that's not to say that the marius won't buck you, cause it will.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-11-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Never been on the Marius but I rode the 06' 141 Absolute Platinum once and then went and bought one. Great board!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-11-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
They are both sick it just depends on what you like/want out of a board. Like Joe said if you want a board that lands really soft then the Marius is the one.Everyone that comes ito my shop and buys an Absolute always says the same thing. (Dude the Absolute I bought from you is the sickest board I have ever riddin) I hear it over and over again.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-11-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
That's because it is the sickest board ever! I love my Absolute and was not a huge fan of the Marius, but others are exactly the opposite. I just thought the Marius was way tail heavy when it kicked off the wake.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2006, 11:23 PM Reply   
I have an 04 Absolute, and an 06 Marius. I also have several other boards. Those of you that have seen my garage wall can confirm this. I was riding the Absolute most the time, then picked up the Marius. Since it was new, and I fell in love with the feel, soft landings, etc, I rode it most the time. Last week I pulled out the Absolute, and had a blast. Love both boards. I would like to try a platty, and a newer Absolute. My other boards are just collecting dust. Big CWB fan! (Don't tell anyone, but I run Transits on both!!)

Take them for a spin. You may like something about one over the other, but they are both great.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-12-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
I bet if you demoed some 06 Zeuses with the hinge you wouldent be runnin Transits on either. Just my opinion of course.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
Jeff,

Working on that!
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-13-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
You gotta try both. I was an absolute rider for years. Now I don't want to ride anything else. I have been on this board since it was in the proto type stages. The V-tec bottom makes it a super fast board for how wide it is. You don't feel all tired and sluggish like most wide rides. I would suggest a 134 for you. Yeah the new Zues with Hinge system kill it! Nothing else like them.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-13-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
NO DOUBT BRO!!!! I AM GETTING THE MARIUS W/ ZEUS BINDINGS IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!!
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
One of the greatest features about the Zues Hinge bindings is your feet never have to cramp up. While riding keep the lever up so your binding is tight. As soon as you fall and your waiting for the boat to come and pick you up again, keep the lever flipped down for maximum blood flow. As soon as the boat is back and line is tight flip the lever and boom. Ready to ride. It is funny cuz now I do it out of habit. Not even a thought. These bindings kill it and they are truly the first to come up with a huge innovation. Andrew Adkison can seriously ride all day with out getting any cramping by doing the exact same thing. This guy is an animal!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Ya ADKISON RIPS I think he will have a big year in 06. Cant wait to see him ride on the pro tour.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Whats up Small wake, I like the Absolute a lot, and was goin to ride it this year. But when I jumped on the Marius I LOVE IT!! I think it is one of the best boards I have ever ridin! It is not like any thing I have ever rode before so make sure you DEMO!! Good luck bro, Let us know what you get.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-14-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Good Seing you at the Spring Ride bigpapa.

Thanks for all the advice.

I will demo, hopefully soon.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Update i am 210 lbs? would you still recommend the 134?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-15-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
140cm on the Marius for 210lbs. IMO
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-15-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
I agree with Jeff. I know the Marius is wider than a standard board, and may have more surface area, but I'm just under 200lbs and I wouldn't want to ride anything under a 138-140. I did ride the Marius 140 one time about 2 months ago with 06 Zuess - I liked it!

smallwake - I'm the guy that was standing behind you at the spring ride raffle. The guy who won the speaker box.
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
I weigh 205lbs and love the 140. I have ridden the 134 in a pinch but was still able to do all my tricks. The biggest differance a rider will notice between the two boards is pop! Since the 140 will ride higher on the water and will reduce the drag from the board it will release from the wake quicker. Making it easier to spin and get more height. I would draw the min weight on the 140 to 180lbs. There is talk at CWB to make a 145 for the real big guys. Either way you look at it in 2007 there will be many many boards that use the V-tech ideas that are in the Marius. Also in 2007 you will see this in a lower board model. meaning better price! All in all this is the first board in years that actually is something new and does change the way you ride!

Check out my latest way to kill time:
http://www.tranquilbase.com
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-19-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
All i wanna know is when is there going to be a marius platty?
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-20-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
2007 for sure. You will also see some lower end versions of the Marius say in the high price point catagory. :-) The board kills it.