Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-08-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
Here are few pictures of 7 year old, Julie.

T/S air 180
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-08-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   

T/S Indy
Old     (skireel)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-08-2003, 9:25 PM Reply   
good job. any tips for me while I teach my three year old the ropes?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-08-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   

Be sure & notice the Goodyear Blimp! It was a great way to end her run!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-08-2003, 9:43 PM Reply   
WP- How did you get him up with out drowning him?

I pulled Julie around in the yard to get her used to the pull. (at 2& 1/2 years old on Snoopy skis and then again at like 5 on the wakeboard).

Does your son have an older sibling. Julie is my younger daughter. I think that the younger ones are a little more determined to "catch up" to the older kids.

I say be patient, and make sure it is always about fun. Don't push too hard, it is easier to help them step it up when they WANT to step it up.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-08-2003, 10:10 PM Reply   
Look at that smile on her face, that's what it's all about!
Old    leslisa            09-09-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
You go girl!! Isn't that so cute

I don't trust myself teaching my 5 yo son too much since I just started. He takes lessons and is still riding my board with me. I am planning on getting into the water next to him (me being dragged with no board) this weekend and see what we can do . Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try the dragging him around the yard, we already do similar on the skateboard, but his issue seems to be getting up, not staying up. Any ideas on that?
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
Greg, that is awesome! I can't wait for my six year old girl to get home from school so I can show her the pictures. She always gets super stoked and inspired when she sees pics of other little girls that rip. Thanks for posting!
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-09-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
NICE! Those are awesome pics!!!
Check the air!! Is that a 180 she's doing in the top pic Greg?
Right on, Go Julie!!!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-09-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
Julie - try riding in a tube next to your 5 yr. old vs. being dragged in the water. We tried it with some success - we learned to shorten the tube rope a little so we werent bumping into the little ripper. Good luck!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-09-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
Lisa - It was pure determination for Julie to get up. She probably tried a dozen times on three different trips to the lake before she was up & going. I'd ask,"do you wanna take a break or keep on trying?" She would always say "keep on trying". I had to cut her off, I was afraid of her becoming tired & frustrated so I would switch her to the kneeboard.

Over the past couple of years, I think (for lighter people) It is easiest for them to pull their knees up to their chest and slowly pull them up. Be sure to remind them not to straighten their legs until they are top of the water.

For heavier people, (those that can float and keep the board under them) start off with the board under them with their legs bent like sitting a chair and the handle on their knees.

There a probably several good techniques, but these have worked the best for us.

And Gregg, yes that is a T/S air 180 and the trick she is most proud of.