Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mxracer183)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-06-2013, 11:14 AM Reply   
Hello I am 5'11'' and 190 lbs I currently own a phase 5 prop (54'') and I think It's a little bit slow for my weight. BUT I bought it used and it have a 2'' fin at the back and a 1'' fin at the front...I will put it back to stock with only 1'' fin at the back to see if it help...

My question should I go for a carbon pro 54''?? will I see improvement because it's about the same size as my prop but carbon ...or should I go with a 58''? at 58'' I'M litlle bit worried it will be harder for tricks but it will probably be faster...

Or I should save money keep my prop and buy a surf style witch I would like to try also...

Thanks for your help
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-06-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
I have a Phase 5 Carbon Pro and have had a 6'6" 256 lb guy surf on it his first time out . Also his buddy 6' and 220 lbs surfed his first time out on it. What boat do you have now and how are you weighting it?
Old     (mxracer183)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-06-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
Which size your carbon pro?

My boat is a old hydrodyne nexstar 22.5 with 1100 lbs at the corner 700 rear seat and 400 up front with some help from trim tab. Wake is good but not monstruous I can ride the prop pretty easily just want something alittle bit faster and wondering if a carbon pro same size will give an improvement

Last edited by mxracer183; 05-06-2013 at 6:45 PM.
Old     (RideaNeversummer)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-07-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
Hi, I just purchased a 1997 Hydrodyne Nexstar. I'd be very interested in hearing how you load your boat for the best wake surf & wakeboard wake. Do you have any pictures of the boat or the wake? It's such an obscure boat it's hard to find any information on it. In general, how are you liking the boat?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-07-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
First, you do not need a 58", not for your weight and height. The smaller fin, will not really make the board faster (yes slightly less drag, but not noticeable), it will make the board looser, which translates to a more lively feel in most situations. This of course is very open to interpretation.

Get a surf style board, then you can truly decide if a high end skim is more you or surf style.

Nick
Old     (Jed)      Join Date: Aug 2013       02-07-2014, 6:05 PM Reply   
Deleted. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Jed; 02-07-2014 at 6:07 PM.