Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Not to brag but...I've been kneebording since 5 Yrs old, skiing since 8, ripping on the slalom (pardin' the sp) since 10 and beyond...Trickin', Competative tubing, Air chair, footin', Wakin' for about 20 yrs...

No surgery, bunch of stiches in the chin, "do not drink before hittin the water", thats what I've learned...Why no surgery for me???

Basically sick of the ACL garbage..Drink MIlk!
I'm sick of all the whining, If I wanted to listen to whining I'd have children...By the way, My g/f is pregnant!

(Message edited by zuka666 on March 14, 2007)
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
hmm, Jeff, are you drinking while posting again??
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
ha ha, love ya baby!
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-14-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
When you have your first big surgery, I can guarentee you're going to post about it.

Why?

because it sux. And there is nothing you can do about. You can't wakeboard. And if it happens while wake'n is in season your xtra peeved. So what do you do? You look for support from your fellow wakers to help you get over the fact that you can't ride for the rest of the season. Plus I think there are certain bragging rights that come along with it. Just because you are willing to go through all the PT and other crap yet at the end of the day you still want to ride.

Also milk has NOTHING to do with it. You're ACL is not a bone. Stuff happens. And it happens to the best athletes in the best physical condition. Look at murray, he's at the gym regularly, takes really good care of his health and yet he still completely destroyed his knee a couple years ago. There are countless examples of fine highly skilled athletes that take good care of themselves with knee injuries. You could prolly write a book on it.

Now health defenitly factors in for sure sometimes, but thats not always the cause. There is no way to 100% prevent injury than to not leave your house. My acl injury was I'm almost 99.9% sure because of the fact that I am overweight and outta shape. Yes I still got on wakeworld and talked about it. And you will too.

By the way, congrats on the pregnancy! It'll be a blast teach'n em how to wake for sure. Who knows... you might have the next parks bonifay in your hands.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
For the folks that would even click on this thread...Bordentown NJ, look it up!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
Jeff, you best knock on some wood...Quick!

Especially since your completely wrong about ACL's and the common nomenclature in this biz is not "if" but "when".
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
www.bordentownnjwakefestiswhereitsat.com/jeffsaiditbest
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
j/k on the preg.(I'm in deep s,,, for that)...It is hard to sympathize when I'm as extreme as you all! But everyone is crumbling around me on (WW)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
Justin your so hot!!!!....
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-14-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Ohhhhh.....you'll be hearin some whinin sooooon enough....congrats, teach him/her well.
Old     (sikkvlx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-15-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
I must have missed the boat when they held the tubing competition! It sounds like someone isn't riding hard enough.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-15-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Mike, I was thinking the same thing, and maybe not enough?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-15-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
Sorry I wasn't clear on the explanation, What I meant by the competative tubing is that your either subjected to pain from an awful driver or have tube wars...King of the tube etc. Ya know...throw the other guy off, kind of stuff.
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
jeff how do you explain people like me and larry taylor both of us drink milk all the time we dont drink ever let alone on the boat befor we ride and we stay in good shape all the time and both of us have had surgerys major ones i think the problem is your not going big enough
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Jeff, your killing me…. I can tell a glue high every time!

Are you bringing your baby to the wakefest?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-15-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
Eustace,
I'm bringin' my baby, 22 and not expecting...

Trev, 16 and major surgery's, good grief...Must be the Milk
Stick to the outboards, save the taxpayers some $!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
This is a Joke, Jeffery: put the crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard.
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
jeff i drink plenty of milk always have about a half gallon a day if not more and i like riding big wakes not outboard wakes i like to go big im back to 100% now and better than ever
Old    livinlovin            03-15-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
WOW!!! No injuries. You are soooo COOL!!! Can I be your friend!! We can sit around and drink milk till we puke and then go be P#ss&'s on the board together.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-16-2007, 1:40 AM Reply   
I'm on the waiting list for a brain transplant but its not wakeboard related.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-16-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
WOW, quite a thread you started Jeff...........keep it coming!

Justin your link didn't work......is it real?
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-16-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
I've had ACL, didn't post about it..but my question is, what is milk going to do for acl? it builds strong BONES not strong ligaments that have no blood flow anyway...pay attention in 4th grade before you knock people who are distrought becuase they have an injury you can't understand. I will admit, it's an injury that doesn't seem that bed until you go through it. It's intense, way more than stitches and I have been a catcher through college, and skier/wakeboarder my whole life as well and last year (at 23) tore mine. It can happen to anyone..
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-17-2007, 5:21 AM Reply   
Jeffrey. Have you thought that luck may have something to do with it? I think jeff b. said it right.
Old    sealyon.net            03-17-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
I was one of the most athletic people in my school,I won the city Pole vaulting,and the west TN. region in jr. high & High school.....thought I was indestuctable...YEAH RIGHT. I blew my knee out playing vollyball at church. You just never know. Count your blessings.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-17-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
i agree you never know re injuries. tore my meniscus in high school doing ballet (i know, so don't even say it) and broke my foot 2 summers ago when i stepped off a curb. sober. at the moment though, no surgeries in my future. but that could change when i go drinking today for st. patty's!
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I've been through two knee surgeries and I hope I never need another one. I kind of hope the next WW person to need surgery is you so you can post about it........
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-18-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Tim, that wasn't a very nice thing to say...

Quote:
WOW!!! No injuries. You are soooo COOL!!! Can I be your friend!! We can sit around and drink milk till we puke and then go be P#ss&'s on the board together.

No!
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-18-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
Not meant to be a nice thing to say just as some may think your topic is not a nice topic. Nobody wants to have surgery (or get hurt for that matter) so I think your topic a little whack.