Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-03-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Anyone been out on the lake during this weekend? Thinking about hitting it early, but based on the amount of traffic I have seen in the past I am worried we won't get any riding in. Anyone have any experience on Lake WA during Seafair Weekend?
Hank
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-03-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
good luck with that.

you may be better off heading to lake sammamish early. but then again, that may be just what everybody else is thinking.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-03-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
I went to Sammamish 2 years ago on this weekend, and your right everyone else had the same idea. It was a nightmare launching/pulling out. Actually, I have yet to go back to Sammamish because of that experience. The ramp facilities cannot handle the volume of boats launching. It would be one thing living on the lake, but based on that one time, I haven't been back.

What about Lake Stevens? Ever been up there?
Hank
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-03-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
I went on Lake WA early last year on Friday morning and it was fine. I think Saturday early might be ok but less likely on Sunday.

Actually, when I went early last year on Friday, I got married that afternoon. What a perfect day!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I house sit on Lake Washington, just south of the chaos.

If you are looking to wakeboard, head way North early so you can launch. Otherwise go to http://www.seafair.com to read about the guidelines for being in the water on during seafair. (http://www.seafair.com/non_boomers.asp

And please remember during the air shows, do not tie up to the no wake buoys. You can get some good shots on the south side of Seward Park, very loud and very close when they enter to do a trick.

Also a good option that I did 6 years ago was the Party Barge, kinda of expensive now, but TONS of fun.

email me if you have more questions. tcluv85@hotmail.com.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
between seafair and the sockeye season being extended, you won't find good water on lake washington until at least monday. You are totally right about sammamish though...it is crap everytime I am out there at 6:00am. Don't bother coming this weekend.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-03-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
Like I said, if I lived on Sammamish it would be quite different. Takes me 15 minuted to get to Magnuson park on Lake Washington, so we go early enough to get good water and then we get out when all the yahoos show up.
Old     (doogles)      Join Date: May 2004       08-03-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
If the weather is nice, you can usually get some water on Lake Stevens prior to 9am or so on the weekends. If you really want to ride, come down to the INT tournament in Olympia on Maytown. Private lake so there will not be a problem with getting good water. The details are on the INT site and on wakeboardnorthwest.com.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
We may not be able to wakeboard this weekend on Lk. Washington, but we do get to see quite a show.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-04-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
Killer pics. How do you get to house sit on the lake? People actually own it, but aren't there?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
people actually own it and are not here. 6 years ago I started house sitting for them. Even though I now own my own place, I still like to house sit for them. This is like my home....I gotta figure out how to increase my investments so I can buy this place.

My profile pic is the view from my bedroom window.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-04-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
Nice. It is missing a boat however.
Hank