Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (smokedog2)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-20-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about getting a Gator board. I like the wood, it looks like you still have to apply tape?

Does anyone know of a wood board with foam? I had a demo like that but lost it.

tx
Old     (skateonwater564)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-21-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
The Liquid Force Anthem, Control, and Faction, are all wood boards with EVA foam on top, and all are decent boards. The CWB Deck is a 10 ply wood board, also with foam on top, and is pretty big, 45" (114 cm). The O'brien traffic is another wood deck with EVA top. I'm sure there are plenty more that could be found, and you could check out the 07 models of these boards too. If you are looking to keep the wood look of the Gators, Clear griptape is an option, but is said to be not very sticky once put in water. The boards that come with the wood top normally come with griptape to put on yourself, and to keep some of the wood look on the deck, you could design a stripe down the middle, or across on he tail and nose to accent the tape. I did that with my 07 Gator. My feet are covering lines the go halfway through the board to meet the line down the entire board one on each end pointing opposite directions. Heres a picture for a visual. You could also take a look at Wakeskating.com's thread, "Post your custom Griptapes" and get ideas from that. Hope this helps, and good luck. http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/skateonwater564/Gator%20Grip/n1306643486_30070711_9050.jpg

(Message edited by skateonwater564 on August 21, 2008)
Old     (skateman)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
Cear griptape is awesome you can see right through it.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-22-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
I would not recommend clear grip. It wears away soo fast!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-22-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
My GF got her skate griped w/ reg clear grip, not the stuff Gator supplies.... so far so good...