Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-01-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
I'm looking to grab a new board for this season and I'm really feeling either one of these. I like a nice fast board.. good pop.. a little loose.. soft landings are a plus. I'm thinking that either board would be a good choice. I've heard that the Coda is super light but one of the reviews was saying that it breaks pretty easily.
I was also looking at maybe a One or Natty- I'm pretty open to suggestions. I'm on a Player right now and like it a lot, but I'm just looking for something a little different to mix things up.
I'd also have to special order any of these boards so couldn't demo them, which would be the ideal solution. If anyone has opinions on these boards let me know! Thanks
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-01-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
The Coda is a sweet board. You want a fast board, then the Coda is it, it's got to be one of the fastest 3 stage boards around. It's 3 stage, so the pop is there. It tracks great when on edge but is loose when ridden flat and for the landings, the center spine really helps soften them up. I wouldn't say it is any easier to break then any other board.

The Natty is my favorite. It's fast, not as fast as the Coda, but you don't have to work hard to generate speed. It has a wide tip and tail so the pop is nice and predictable. The spine isn't as large as the one on the Coda so it lands a little harder, but it's still nice. I have 2 reconstructed knees and it doesn't bother me! It isn't what I would call a loose board, but it's not like riding on rails. I don't have any problems doing surface tricks and breaking it loose.

Good luck making your choice!
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-02-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Alright cool, thanks. I'm definitely leaning towards the Coda or Natty. A little bit torn between them.
Anyone have thoughts on the Covin or One?
Old     (elantz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-02-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
I ride the Coda (Cartel) and have ridden the One and both have great pop. The One tracks better for me but doesn't surface slide as well.

On choppy water, like yesterday for me, the Coda can be harder to ride. I will switch to a Natty, and then to something with less rocker and more length, as the water continues to turn bad.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-02-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Exactly what Jakober said!
Old     (iudell)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-02-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
I'll also agree w/ Andy and Jason...The Coda is so fast! I almost 6' and can even ride the '35 cause it pops so well and holds so much speed when it's on edge. If you get the chance, def take a set. You won't be disappointed!
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-02-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Alright awesome, thanks guys. I'm gonna go with the Coda. Is the 08 Coda the exact same as the 07 Cartel aside from graphics? I kind of prefer the Cartel graphics so I might try to grab one of those if they're the exact same.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-02-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
08 and 07 same board. I like the 08 graphics better.

Either way, the board is sick!
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-03-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
I love the Covin.....lands soft, it's a super fast board, and it edges great. Ideally I'd tell you to try out the boards first....but since you can't...that makes it a little harder. The Covin is pretty stiff, though from what I've noticed it holds up a little better than the flexier One board. Either way, good luck with the choice.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-03-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
I just snapped my Covin on a double up. But I'm 210 lbs., so something's ultimately got to give. Love the board. Can't wait to get a new one under warranty.