Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    flying            05-12-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
I´m looking for a new board and bidings.My weight is 170, hight 5,4, level intermediate. Someone tell me what´s the best choice: Parks 138 dna or Subjekt 137? Bindings: Transit or Temet ones? Other sugestions apretiatted.

TXS Guys.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-12-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
I won't go into boards, but out of those bindings I'd take the Transits. They're pretty freakin' sweet!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
'04 DoubleUP Nelson 138 w/ DoubleUP Luke Wulf bindings
'04 Blindside Blade 138 w/ DoubleUP Luke Wulf bindings
'04 CWB Absolute 140
Old    flying            05-12-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
No other sugestions?
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-12-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
I weigh about the same as you but I dont know what it is but I seem to like the smaller boards better then the bigger ones. I like the Hyperlight Premier 136 for a board and as for the bindings the Temets look pretty promising. I haven't yet had the opportonity to ride them yet.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-12-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
Second to the Blindside Blade. Check out the Stomp bindings. Flexible without heel lift.
Old    the_friend            05-12-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
definatley go for the PArks board i love mine. FOr bindings i would go with the Byerly bindings with the Boa system there the best and keep your hell dont. They are very easy to get in and out of without soap or lube.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       05-13-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
It's pretty tough to say what's going to work the best for you, because everyone has different preferences. I can't comment on the Parks, because I haven't ridden one, but the Subjekt develops excellent vertical pop, and is really aggressive on edge with a loose feel on center. You should look into the O'Brien Demented 136, too. It will be as aggressive as the Subjekt, but have more tracking on center. You definitely wouldn't go wrong choosing the Transits. They're very comfortable, have easy entry and exit, and you can tighten them down to hold you in really well.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-13-2004, 6:42 AM Reply   
You might want to take your skill level into consideration. If you are a fairly new rider, I would stay away from boards like the Parks. I've talked to more people that hate that board than any other board.

Nice riding boards: CWB Prodigy or Absolute. Hyperlite Era, Belmont, or Temet.

Bindings: So far my favorites are the CWB Zeus.
Old    larkin            05-13-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
The Subjekt is a good board, but in my opinion, you should be at least an intermediate rider to enjoy that board. I have ridden blindside before and liked the board.

I demo'd the transits last week and they are awesome bindings.