Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    texastech            05-11-2004, 6:58 AM Reply   
I came across a company that rents out their SAN with a full time driver for half day or full day sessions. Has anyone ever gone that route? Seems like a pretty smart move considering the prices were reasonable.
Thanks !!!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-11-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
yeah we did that last year on lake seminole..you can go by the hour too. get like 2-4 people in on it..and you can go whenever you want if u r boatless like us and friends are not going out or you don't feel like inviting yourself along (if ya didnt get an invite) we rode behind a malibu. and at one time he had a Tige'. This year he has moved his business to the intercoastal and I already have plans to go during the week either by myself or with a wake friend that wants to get some good wake time in.
I think it is good for perfecting some of your tricks..that way you dont bore your friends to death with wreck after wreck when first attempting them...then when you go wiht your friends on sat or sunday..you have had some practice and a new trick they can enjoy watching you do!

have fun!
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
What are the rates for this?
Old    texastech            05-11-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
Angi,
Those were my initial thoughts as well. Go out on a nice boat,practice, (like you said the driver doesnt care how many times you fall or how long your ride is) then go out with your friends and let them see whats up. what rates did you come across. The company I saw only offered a half day 250.00, full day 450.00, that included a full tank of gas. I figured I would take 4 others for a half day and it would only be 50 bucks each. Hourly sounds better huh?
Thanks for the input...
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-11-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
yeah it makes sense to me. we have never done the half day/full day gimmick..but I think we normally paid like $25.00 apiece with like 3 of us for a couple hours. (and I include a tip for the boat driver) and we would get like 3 really long runs each!
Old     (that_nate_kid)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
I have a buddy who runs a little operation like that. He has a supra launch with a kickin system. You pick the cd's, you ride as much as you want, he drives and sometimes he will throw in a case of beer. If anyone in Minnesota is interested give me a shout and i will give you the info.
Old    texastech            05-11-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   
What kind of prices does your friend charge? i have family in St Paul, is he close to there, I know they would love to try his boat...