Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-01-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
my question is i find myself falling over the top way too much. Like I can just be riding straight with the boat, and if i lean forward at all my nose sinks in and i face plant. is it me or is this board really sensitive to that type of movement.

also i've been ridding for 3 years so i'm not a total beginner. but the board might be too advance for me and i'm wondering if i should get a new one or stick with it.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-01-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Did you demo it before you bought it?
Old    veganx            05-01-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
My guess is you're riding too small of a board. What size did you get? What do you weigh? How wide is your stance? I haven't ridden a Temet yet, but based on the shape I can't imagine it would nose dive unless you were getting way too much weight on the tip.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-01-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
I think it's less of the board and more of what bird said. I've seen people able to hang 10 on a wakeboard that is their size, without bindings.
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-02-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
i bought the board a little big because usually i like bigger boards. I weight 140lbs and the board is 142.3. and my stance is all the way out on both sides. should i try moving my front foot closer towards the middle
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Wow, that is weird, so if you take all the weight off your back foot, the nose just sinks. I would of guessed to small a board, but its not that for sure. I actually think the board is too big for you, causing you to loose control a little.

(Message edited by kristian on May 02, 2004)
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Could be where you're riding, line length, speed etc. straight behind the boat it's all bubbly/foamy/messed up because of the prop. Add some length to the rope, pick up the speed. Is it when you're riding along, or when you get up? Sounds pretty messed up! :-) I'd say you're just leaning way over the nose, but that doesn't really make sense either.

A second issue I have is stear clear of the Temet boots! I've been a die-hard Hyperlite guy for years, buying new gear every-year. Last year I blew out my Belmonts in a month. I saw the Boa system on the Temets this year and knew it was a mistake, but I broke it in 1 set. It didn't last more than 10 minutes on the water. I'm a bit upset to say the least.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-03-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
I tried out the Temet 138.1 and hated the board. I caught many a nasty edge to faceplant when cutting hard. I switched to a TFD 136 DNA and love it.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-03-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
Andrew,
you don't need to be riding all the way out, the only reason you need to ride all the way out is when you need the extra balance when land 7's and 9's. Try narrowing up your stance
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-03-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
the only reason you need to ride all the way out is when you need the extra balance when land 7's and 9's.

Not to sure about that one Matt..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, doing 7s and 9s isn't a prerequisite for a wide stance.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-03-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
I used to ride one hole in but I had trouble landing my switch hsbs off-axis 1440 off the triple up and I moved my stance all the way out and now I stomp that trick about 1 out of every 143,045 attempts.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-03-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
lol @ thane

thats some funny shizzle; my nizzle.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
LOL. nice work Thane. All the way out, or "poop stance" as my homies call it...is the only way to ride. Very comfy!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-03-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
i'm not really sure what is going on with you guys, but we put people on the temet board and boots every week. i put 3 new people on it today of different skill levels and they all loved it. where do you have the bindings set as far as the angles go. do you have them pushed more to one edge than the other? to be honest i have never seen that happen. i have never seen anyone who gave the board half a chance not like it.
i have only ever had 2 boas pull loose. they were both on the first use. they came a little loose from the factory. you just have to slip it back in and tighten the screw down a bit. it is literally a 1 minute fix, and i have never had to worry about it again. and, i would say our bindings get as much use in a week as some peoples would get in a season. the bindings are by far the most comfortable binding i have ever put on, not to mention the ease of entry and exit.
feel free to drop me an email and see if we can figure it out.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Travis,
You're probably right on with the board no doubt, but the boots... I must say, last years Belmonts were the most comfortable boots I've ever had on my feet..bar none. Very similar for this year, except it takes forever to get the boa system tight, twist, twist, twist, twist, twist... and so on. It wasn't the cable that busted loose, it was the dial that broke right off, wouldn't go back on either. I saw the system on the Byerly boot last year and hoped I'd never see it on the Belmonts. All they needed to do is have two laces, like this year, but no gay boa system...laces. Some may like it, but I'll swear against it forever. I told the rep in my area I'd break it in 5 minutes...it took 10, no joke. I'll never use it again. Bindings are way to expensive bearing down on $400 to break like that. I put 230 hours on my boat last year, I get out plenty. I'm going Parks boot now, but am on my last nerve. Thanks though.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-04-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
Mark - One Word. Alphas.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-05-2004, 4:31 AM Reply   
that's weird. we have never had that happen. but, the parks are nice too. that's what i used before the temets were out. to each his own. sorry, you had trouble.

t

Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-05-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
my temet bindings have been perfect- I've had them since October and have ridden every month since then and a bunch on the cables- I would think that if the boa was going to go out on it that it would have blown by now- I agree that they may take a little more time to get adjusted- def the best binding that I've ever used- I also had Parks before- the boa system is far superior to laces- I could never get the parks as tight as I would have liked but with the boa I can get them just right- It's like Travis said, to each his own..... everyone likes different things- the one thing that I would like is a little more forward lean..

Alex
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-05-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
My '02 Belmont is beginning to get a bit banged-up and I've been thinking that an all new Temet set-up might be the way to go. Perhaps I need to get back to The Boarding School for a weekend of testing!
Old     (gently27)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-06-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   
You shouldn't narrow your stance on the Temet. Shaun Murray designed it to be ridden with a wider stance than other boards (he actually said this about the board at the PWT this past weekend)....you may not be leaning down the line enough... and your hips may not be forward enough.... just a thought...