Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-29-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Over the last couple of years I've kind of bought all the little toys that I think I want / need for a good time out on the water.

Not sure what's left to get if anything...

What are some of your favorite suggestions that make your day on the water that much better that one might consider?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
Buy your girl something, it will make your life soooooo much better. A bit Machiavellian but true.
Old    leggester            01-29-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Hydro foil. Some really nice Kites. Good for windy times when you're hanging on the beach or anchored.
Old    jschilling            01-29-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
RC Boat, I just bought one that runs over 60 mph. I need to install a cup holder on it so it can carry a beer. There not cheep, but then again nothing about boating is.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-29-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of new cool stuff to add to my boat, like Perfect Pass, or some special board racks, etc.

BTW: She's got card blanche and rules the bank account. I'm the one on the allowance.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-29-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
Probably the best thing you could add to your boat is Perfect pass. Worth every penny spent.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2003, 9:14 PM Reply   
How about adding the new Tattoo graphics?
Old    jschilling            01-30-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
potato cannon on the front bow?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-30-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
List every toy you have and we will come up with some more for you!!!

Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-30-2003, 3:18 PM Reply   
1. Killer Stereo w/ 12 disc changer ... but no remote... would like that.
2. Playpen bow.
3. Lots of ballast stuffed everywhere
4. Dual Mirrors (one center, one right)
5. Tower
6. Killer cover
7. Shower... no heater (don't need in Cali)
8. Wedge
9. Wedge Access thru swimstep
10. Transom guard
11. Pop up cleats
12. Boards, ropes, handles
13. Anchor
14. Anchor buddy
15. Docking ropes, floats, etc.
16. Lots of life jackets
17. Helmets, gloves
18. Soap buddy
19. Pocket buddy
20. 2 flags, 2 fire extinguishers, 1st aid kit
21. Pumps (air / ballast)
22. Spare tire (matching wheel)
23. Tubes (though they don't get much use)
24. Oar (just in case)
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-30-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
Oops

25. Acme 3 blade Nibral 525 wakeboarding prop.
Old     (bcoppinger)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-30-2003, 4:48 PM Reply   
How about a parasail
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
Docking lights
Trailer upgrades
Old    bigd            01-30-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
Well,

This dude had a personal water transporter last year that was the coolest. It lives underwater but runs on a weed-eater type engine. You hang on like a bicycle and there's a tall rigid intake hose so that you can go down like 3-4 feet and keep the motor running. It's really cool 'cause you just hang on & go. I talked to him & he told me it cost like $800.00 bucks online. I've been looking for one but can't find it. My buddy told me he saw one somewhere online but he can't remember where.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2003, 6:51 PM Reply   
Just get a dive scooter. It's battery powered an most are rated to at least 33m.
Old    gotyatv            01-30-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
A misting system would be nice, keep you cool all day on the boat. Or the auto flag! We saw it at the boat show. It sounds really cool when you put the flag up. But it’s BIG BUCKS! $739.00 at the show, if you have nothing else to spend your money on. Or an RC 4x4 Monster truck! Great at the lake. Our crew all have them, We will send you Wakeboard TV stickers to put on it, for FREE!

(Message edited by gotyatv on January 30, 2003)

(Message edited by gotyatv on January 30, 2003)
Old    rtm            01-30-2003, 9:41 PM Reply   
Electric Blender.

I thought it was kind of ridiculous the first time a friend brought one on to the boat...but after she made the ice cold margaritas and we were enjoying them in the hot summer sun on the lake it's become a must have. Great for the summer days that you plan to spend the whole day on the water.

Warning though....to much of a good thing may impact your ability to ride. Blend responsibly
Old    kschroeder            01-31-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
I assume you already got Perfect Pass?
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-31-2003, 6:00 AM Reply   
I didn't see a wake surf board (Hyperlite Land Lock, etc.) on your list.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-31-2003, 6:30 AM Reply   
As the crowned king of all toys (Professional DINK WAD) I consider myself a connoisseur of toys! And after reviewing your list I would suggest the following:

1) Video system to add to the great sound system. This should include but not be limited to a Digital Camcorder, a tower mounted camcorder mount, and a dash mounted video monitor.
2) Skireel- Automatic rope winder
3) Auto flag (sorry just saw that above)
4) Slight variation to the electric blender above, they now have a gas powered blender, and their are few things finer in this world than the smell of two cycle fumes!
5) GPS system so that you can mark your favorite hidden riding spots and find them again at any time, and on a cold winter day (oh, wait you are in CA) you can sit in your living room and see how far away you are from your favorite spot!
6) ITT night vision binoculars/regular ones, you never know when you will need to check for, well-look at things in other boats up close!
7) Water Balloon slingshot that can be attached to either side of your tower.
8) A Stiffy Tower! Anyone remember those from last year? I couldn't find the website, but that would be a cool addition to any boat!
9) Rave slider-with various sections so you don't get board.
10) Air chair/sky ski to play around on.

It is easy to spend someone elses money!
Old     (skireel)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-31-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Tony,
Here is a toy that will enhance your wakeboarding experience no doubt about it. The SKIREEL WakePro is the first of it's kind. It will let you do some crazy things by reeling you in and out on demand while you ride. Great for wake surfing, adjusting your tow line while you ride and even getting on and off the boat from the ski deck while the boat is moving. We will start selling it this pring. You can also cath us with the Mission 2 Ride tour.

check it out at www.skireel.com
Old    swass            01-31-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
"...getting on and off the boat from the ski deck while the boat is moving." You just made attorneys salivate.

I think you'd do well to never mention that "feature" again.
Old     (skireel)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-31-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
Someone could get hurt HUH? We have warning labels on the Skireel and the boat dash that state you should never reel yourself in and out of the boat or come in close proximity to the boat, or run with scissors etc no matter how much peer pressure is applied on you. People will surely try it all though.
Old    swass            01-31-2003, 9:13 AM Reply   
Okee dokee.
Old    bobbymucic            01-31-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
Install a power inverter. A beefy one capable of 1500 watts. You can then operate blenders, coffemakers, battery chargers, hair dryers, and whatever else 110V accessories you want to use.

Install it near your battery, but modify the on/off switch of the inverter to be operated remotely (with a dash switch), then run an extension cord from the inverter.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-31-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
Brad, awesome choice, id throw some wakeboard t.v stickers on mine, lol hook it up..

It is such a blast, all wheel drive, 2 speed, yeah thats right, chirps in second, reverse, full breaks, does about 45mph

Old    hockeyruss            01-31-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
How about a boat blender.....everyone needs one of these.
boat blender
Old    danno            01-31-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
"She [...] rules the bank account."

Sure she does... Hey! maybe your wife could talk to my wife!

All your ballast automated? That's next on my list. Along with a new drysuit, Hyperlite's LandLock, a "holder" to mount my ski flag, and maybe another wakeboard.

No Heater in California? I'm glad I have one. I've got one in my jeep too, and I use it almost every morning. But then, I hate being cold.

~dan
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-31-2003, 5:12 PM Reply   
Perfect Pass and the Gas Powered Blender are floating to the top of the list.
Old    parkswannabeco            02-02-2003, 5:07 PM Reply   
Why has nobody mentioned a Kneeboard? When you are too tired to ride, Keeboarding is the next most fun thing to do in a lake. Also, there is always room for more speakers and more subs. Add more fat sacs for a bigger wake. Get some fast Sea Doos. build some slideboxes. get a pimp ride to to your boat with. for the boat though, more speakers subs and amps. and a kneeboard.
Old    gotpwr            02-02-2003, 6:45 PM Reply   
How about a parasail? We borrowed one from a friend of mine's neighbor last October when I was visiting him on Lake Tellico. The first two runs were great, but then we about killed my friend's wife on the third run. After dragging her down the hill on her stomach she finally became airborne, only to have one of her legs caught in cords going to the chute. Right as I killed the throttle her leg came free and she landed in the water. Luckily the only injuries were a few nasty bruises. Anyway, here's a pic of our 2nd run: me pulling my wife behind the Air Nautique.
Parasailing on Lake Tellico, TN October '02
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-03-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Forget the Parasail. How much for the house, the dock and the boat house?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
Tanner, the reason no body has mentioned a kneeboard is because everybody knows a man should NEVER be on his knees, no, not even for fun.
Old    gotpwr            02-03-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
Here you go John. The house all the way to the right in the picture below is about 4 or 5 lots away from the house in the first picture. It was for sale for $799,000 when I was down there last fall.

(Message edited by gotpwr on February 03, 2003)
Old    gotpwr            02-03-2003, 7:19 PM Reply   
oops, here it is.
Lake Tellico, TN
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-04-2003, 6:00 AM Reply   
Anyone got any advice on RC boats. Not looking to spend a ton - but would like this toy. Any recommendations or reputible places to shop would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin
Old    jschilling            02-04-2003, 2:00 PM Reply   
Kevin, check at your local hobbie shop if you have one. If not try towerhobbies.com you two options are gas or electric. Electric will only run for about 10-20 min before it needs a charge, gas you can go all day but they cost more and are more difficult to maintain. Ebay is another good place to find them but you have to know what your buying, that is where I bought mine. ($250, 33 inches, nitro, 60+ mph)
Old    para            02-04-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
Get a down rigger! If you live on a small lake this may not be a good idea, but if your like me (I board on Lake Huron) you can get one of these bad babys! I have one and it is great, I dont have to buy dinner and can have me some fresh salmon any night I want. I usually go wakeboarding and fish my way back home. There not expensive and they dont get in the way, you mount a plate on the back of your boat and store it in a locker. Then when you want to go fishing just pull it out and slide it in the plate!!!