Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
I'm finally checking out Bullards Bar this upcoming week and we're camping at Madrone Cove. I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures of the sites or knows anything about camping at BB? I'm wondering if Bears are a problem and what to do if I can't lock my food in a car? Another rumor I've heard is that the Misquitos suck and bees have been a problem in years past. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm stoked to see that Bullards is the fullest of all the Nor Cal lakes!
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       06-18-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
I have ridden mountain bikes and swam there quite a bit, but never wakeboarded there...it's a beautiful mountain lake, and the campsites are quite good.

We've got a site at madrone over the 4th too--I've never been there either.

As for info, call the gals at the marina, and do a search on here. There's lots of photos.
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-18-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Try this, might be what your looking for...

http://www.bullardsbar.com/
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-18-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
I've never camped at Madrone, but have camped at the other boat in camping area (Garden Point) twice. Note I said "other" boat in camping area. You probably won't be leaving food in the car. Bears are a problem at the normal BB camping sites (we saw one walk by with a McDonalds bag about 20 yards away last year), but I think they all have bear-proof storage for food. I've heard Madrone is quite a hike (even in high water conditions) to the site, so bring some shoes to load up gear other than flip flops. Bring mosquito repellent, pretty standard for camping near lakes, and you should be fine. I believe cell phone reception is generally okay at Bullards, not sure about the camp site itself. Madrone is right by the good wakeboarding, so that is sweet. Bullards is awesome. Have fun.
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Yeah, I've called the ladies at the marina and they have either been way to busy or way too bored to answer my questions. Surprisingly, they haven't been very helpful (almost sounded like they didn't know any answers themselves or had never been to the campsite). Hopefully the bear boxes will be big enough for a couple coolers/boxes. I assumed the Mosquitos would be pretty bad, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the tip on the hike to the campsite, we'll bring some shoes for sure. I assume most of you boat your trash back to the marina. Thanks for the tips!
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-18-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
We were there on Memorial, recommend before even getting out of the truck to spray some "off" on ya! and light the candles for sure. Don't leave any kids in car with the lights on and windows down they'll get eaten for sure...