Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-13-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
Hey guys tryin to find some extenders for these bindings. Only got two and need another pair. Anyone know of where I can get em? Thanks
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-14-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Extenders as in the metal claw type adaptors the send with them? Because unless you lost the pair they sent you, you shouldnt ever need more than two.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-15-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
well i have two. but hookin the cells onto a 05 roam. which is 8". I just need two more
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
No you dont. If you look on the inside of the box the boots came in, it will show you how to set them up correctly. Assuming you are trying to go as wide as you can, use the second insert on the outside and then the claws go on the inside, giving you the widest stance possible on the board (its the max stance width, your binding is an inch further in, but the baseplates are an inch narrower on each side, so it works out). Not a fantastic explanation, but like I said, consult the inside of the box or email Ronix and see if they'll send you the picture.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-15-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
^^exactly
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-15-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
Ben and Miguel have obviously never done this before because if they had they would know that yes justin you do in fact need four YES 4 123 4! extenders in order to put your ronix boots onto the hyperlite roam board. unless Bens ronix box is different than all of the ones i have seen they do not explain or show a description of how to place their bindings on every style of board out there.

anyways Justin i wish i had some extras id hook you up sorry
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2011, 5:18 PM Reply   
I ride 09 Reliks on an 08 Ibex. I've done it before.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-15-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
thanks guys. Thing is I dont have the box haha. I bought the setup off of a buddy I ride with so no box. But I have tried every possible way to hook it up and nothing lines up. And thanks Ryan. I think I may have found some though.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-15-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
Exactly Ben you ride ronix bindings on a ronix board. I ride ronix bindings on several boards, my hyperlite marek, my gator gonzalez, and my cwb vibe. My bindings fit all these boards with one pair of extensions.

BUT i once took a hyperlite roam to TSR to ride and you CANNOT put the bindings on that board with just one pair of spacers in any confirmation. luckily for me TSR's boardshop lent me an extra pair of spacers so i could put the bindings on.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2011, 6:47 PM Reply   
That makes absolutely no sense. As Justin said, there is an 8" spacing on the Roam's inserts. There is an 8" spacing on my board. Both our bindings have 6" baseplates. Do you have pictures of how it is different, or can you explain it to me? Because I just dont understand it. And Justin, I'll try to take a picture of the instructions on my box when I get home next week.
Old     (JohnM)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-15-2011, 10:23 PM Reply   
The Roam that Ryan is talking about for whatever reason only has three binding insert holes in it. This makes it not work with just one set of 2 spacers. I don't know if the '05 is the same way, but it was the lack of the normal four binding insert holes that caused the problem.

The Vibe is waaaaay more versatile than the Roam anyways so get rid of it and get a Vibe.
Old     (JohnM)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-15-2011, 10:50 PM Reply   
It looks like the 2005 uses three inserts:

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=55339
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-16-2011, 5:22 AM Reply   
If you need them we've created a link to get them.

http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/Wa...pacer-Set.html
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-16-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's my problem. Thanks for explaining guys.