Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-15-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Wow, what a great week at the INT US Championships. It is always a lot of fun and totally different from any other comp you will go to. Shawn Murray is the consumate pro and truly the most entertaining person in the sport (IMO). He was there for three days and put on really cool show. I say a show instead of a demo because that is what it is.

His riding is always fun because it is so stylish and big. Blind Judge is too cool. But he doesn't just go out there and ride back and forth for 20 minutes. He makes it a show and EVERYBODY wants to watch. Be it tumble turns, riding on his hands or going barefoot from his wakeboard, he make it a truly entertaining experience. He is a natural entertainer knowing that it is better to keep it short and leave the crowd wanting more than to go too long.

My nine year old daughter has no interest in watching anything and neither did the other little girls waiting to ride and just play. But when Sahwn came out they all went to the lake to watch Shawn. I don't need to say how great he was with the kids at the tournament because that is a given. He and Gerry as well as the other riders did a great job and the professional athletes that came out did a heck of a job representing the sports. Thanks INT and all the staff that makes INT a truly memborable experience.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-15-2006, 11:05 PM Reply   
i met shaun at the boat show 2 years ago in pleasontan and he is a great guy, so r his boards and bindings!!!
Old     (btr1)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-16-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
As always, Shaun was a total class act and spent a ton of time signing autographs, posing for pictures and just talking with people before and after riding. In addition to him there were at least 4 other pros at the INT.

Dave Briscoe was there (for those youngins out there he is a pro from waaaay back in the early days and now does coaching) and he did some announcing for the INT in addition to attempting to land a new trick, a tantrum with a frontside 3. He had screwed up his shoulder a few days earlier attempting it but still gave it a couple tries and landed on the board the second time but couldn't pull it out.

Danny Harf was also there representing Ronix and I was really hoping to see him ride but he had his shoulder (right I think) in a sling. Apparently he tangled with the top wire of a tennis net while riding an electric skateboard and separated his shoulder - the net wasn't there but the wire was so he didn't see the wire until too late and didn't quite make it over when he tried to jump over it.

Gerry Nunn made an appearance and went huge but I would have to say that the pro whose riding really blew me away was Andrew Adkison. That guy was amazing and stuck every so cleanly.

All of them were super cool...oh yeah, there were some pro slalom skiers there too
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-16-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
shawn murray was amazing. he landed this and went right into a tumble turn. Awesome!!!!Upload
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
anybody notice him wearing a pair of 05 boots? kinda figured hed be wearing his new ones
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-16-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
thanks everyone for having me at INT. first INT event i've been too and super impressed with it all. had a great time riding, hangin, pizza eating and go karting with the groms too small to drive the karts. sounds kinda funny that i have to step in to be the "tall" one:-)
I've been wearing the 05's cuz of some ankle issues from a bmx crunch, but am wearing the 07's as of this week.
thanks again.
shaun
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-16-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
shaun,
thanks for coming to INT. My daughter will never forget the first time she saw "the" shaun murray. You made Delanie's week! I hope we will see you again to sign her pic with you.

Upload
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-16-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
oh, by the way, this is how shaun avoids ankle injury. once again, awesome!!!!
Upload
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       10-16-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
I got to kick it with Shaun and actually jam out with him for a little bit a couple years ago at Lake Mirage in Indiana. Signed the guitar I was playing after we were done. Defintely a crowd pleaser even when he isn't on the board!

(Message edited by balr54 on October 16, 2006)
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
whats next handstands on the board while playing guitar with his feet.Maybe if i buy his board I could do that
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-17-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
Andrew was there also
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
I hate it when people misspell names. It is Shaun, not Shawn. OK- I took it from the INT site. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. It is one of those names that can be spelled in a variety of ways. Unfortunately only one way is correct. Sorry Shawn, I mean Sean, uh, Shaun, whatever.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       10-18-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Deer Daved
At our howse speling haz alwaz ben a prablem, sew don't worry. I never cud figur how to spel hiz name.... butt here's a pixtur of Shaewn at home relaxing. Upload
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-18-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
You're suppose to remove the legs off the frog before serving.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
No matter how you spell it, hes an amazing person with a great passion in life and as a rider. I was standing around at the PWT stop in MN this year with a couple of buds and he just came over and started to talk with us for a while. Something that other riders didnt do a lot of that day, just showing his charisma and personality...
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
glad he got the frog out of his throat-
thats some nasty phlem!
Old    innov8actionsports.com            10-18-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Shaun's just the real deal, great person as well as a great rider, we are lucky to have someone like Shaun in our sport!!If you know him or have met him, then you know what I mean.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       10-18-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
Dude
!!!! too good!
Old     (yeah_bud)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-18-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
huket oun fonix wurkit four mi!