Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-09-2010, 12:39 AM Reply   
I have been going to Table Rock Lake for several years now and we usually just rent something off of a vacation rental's site. One of my favorite areas on Table Rock is the Cape Fair area, but it seems that there is never any real vacation rentals in that area. I have contemplated getting a home in that area and listing it on one of the vacation rental sites.

I wonder if the Cape Fair area is too far away from all the action on the lake for this idea to work...or would there be enough wakeboarders that would be interested and not care about being a long way from all the action. For me it's more about the wakeboarding and less about partying and craziness, but this might be a sign of my age too.

Any thoughts???
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-09-2010, 6:14 AM Reply   
You would be surprised how much you would rent it out. Anyplace on that lake is awesome. Do you know where Shell Knob is? Have the homes there are rentals and I have met folks from all over the country there.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-09-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
Yea I go to Table Rock every year too, but stay at Rock Lane Resort. I get up and on the lake around 7 to 730 every morning because it gets so crowded in my area, I rather stay at a less wild place on the lake where you could wakeboard all day at. It would be soo much nicer
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-09-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
I got tired of finding places to rent there too. So I bought a house last December. I am not renting it though. I don't want people tearing it up. I bought right between the shell knob bridge and campbell point. Goin there today as a matter of fact!

Last edited by psudy; 04-09-2010 at 7:20 AM. Reason: can
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-09-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Cape Fair? Hmm. Cape Fair is ?!?! well, I’ve only been there as a guest to go Crappie fishing. It seems you’d always have to go down the James arm because you’re about at the end of the lake at Cape Fair.

My favorite Table Rock locales are Shell Knob (and all of the 3 different directions of the lake spread out from it), Baxter (and all of the 6 different directions of the lake spread out from it), and Long Creek. The last two are a little more loved by boat traffic than Shell Knob. And, be wary of Long Creek on weekends and popular weeks in the summer. It will get rough, for sure, and you’ll be trapped in there, because the main lake will be rougher still, much rougher, making passage up-lake and out of Long Creek uncomfortable to impossible.

Last edited by john211; 04-09-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-09-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
I have been to the Shell Knob area and it's great there also. I can get a little busy at times, and I suppose that any place can get busy, but from what I remember Cape Fair was usually pretty quiet. I loved the stretch just south of the marina there.

I was worried about people tearing up the place too, but I really think that I could take up most of the summer with my friends and myself. I don't think I could cover the whole summer, so that was the only reason I thought about putting it on a site. If I got the place, it wouldn't be me forking over the money, it would be my dad. I would feel obligated to paying him back.

I wish I was there right now!
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-10-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Cape Fair is fine. It is, to be sure, quieter there. Since that's what you value, you'll love it.

There are people here in Springfield who are gregarious in every way and love retreating to Cape Fair. Other's want a condo on Indian Point (which is like a high density chicken coop). My picks, which suit my tastes, are somewhere in between.

Now if in high water you can get your boat all the way up to Galena, that would be something. I'd like to hear about that.

One thing you'll like about Table Rock over Bull Shoals is the shoreline. The Corps changes the lake level of Bull Shoals some 50 feet most years. That leaves a lot of barren rock between the water and, say, a lawn. In some places, it gives Bull Shoals the look of a canal. In contrast, there's places on Table Rock where lawns just about meet the water.