Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (lfs56)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-17-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
what're some tricks that you can do being pulled behind a jet ski?
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
I love trying dock/pontoon boat/tower starts behind a jetski..

I also love wakeskating behind a jetski on glass, something about the minimal wake thats cool....

Also, the huge power whips are cool, trying to pull the jetski over and dump the driver in the water, very fun...try it sometime, highly recommended..

Sean
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-17-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
IMO, there is nothing better than learning to ride switch behind a jetski. It's also great for little tricks like ollie BS 180s. When you fall, it seems so much simpler to get back to you and cruise on. I also agree with Sean about cruising behind a jetski on glass and laying down some soul carves.
Old     (nathan_from_downunder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-18-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
when i towed mitch langfield he was back side 3 w2w daniel watkins can do tantrums and other inverts i can b/s 180
set up some road cone thingos and see how high you and your mates can ollie you can build rails that boats and police boats cant get to so they wont be pulled down just get behind a ski and think creative and enjoy yourself i was suprised when i ollie 180d a 3 foot high 5 knot marker
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
work on your spins, and if your not familiar with riding switch thats the perfect way to get familiar
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-19-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
wakeskating! perfect way to learn all the tech tricks like shuvits, kickflips, bigspins etc. also, ive heard its a really good way to learn how to maximize your pop. if you can get good pop behing a jetski, you can go huge when you get behind a boat. it would also be a good way to learn surface tricks/switch riding on a wakeboard.
Old     (longlakerider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-19-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
ride in a place with big waves like a beach in florida or somewhere like that and you can go off the waves and get more air than you can with a boat
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
I learned wake to wake 1's behind a sea doo, and to this day we like skating behind it and doing running acid drop starts off the dock and stuff. Just be creative with it...
Old     (mattstrykul)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-19-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
This was my 5th weekend wakeboarding last year, never behind a boat.
http://media.putfile.com/wakeboarding-5th-time-out

This is me this year, 3rd time behind a boat
http://media.putfile.com/Wakeboarding-

Riding behind a jet ski is how I learned, and we don't have a boat so it's what I ride behind now. I still love it, wake or no wake. You can still learn alot just behind a jet ski, don't let people tell you it can't.

p.s. sorry for the bad filming.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-20-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
I usually teach people how to get up behind a jetski. Faster pickups and no wake (a good thing for the newly anointed). We skate all the time behind a ski and work on 180s/swith and surface stuff as mentioned. Skis are the ideal tow vehicle for hitting sliders IMO.

If the lake gets a little busy we will occasionally drive into the tripple-ups created by other boats when they turn around and can get booted nicely enough to try 3s. Don't worry the boats are 100s of yards away and driving away from us when we hit'm. It takes a little while for the trip-ups to form.