Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-30-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what is happening with the PWT Webcast? It's suppose to happen today and there doesn't seem to be any current information on their website. I'm very interested to see the event.

http://www.webcastus.com/news_040504.htm
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-30-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Says April 30th - May 2nd.
It'd be nice to watch some boarding while being a semi-productive employee today.

Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-30-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
I'm really excited for this because for now, I have access to a high speed internet connection (normally, I don't). I'd like to catch the wakeskating this weekend...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-30-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
They aren't going to be broadcasting until tomorrow I think. I'm actually typing this from the Trip Across America bus, but the Webcast US signal is not up yet (I'm using the LF Cingular connection).

I will be bringing my laptop to the site tomorrow. If all goes well, I will post something here on the discussion board and see if we can get some pros on here to chat. Unfortunately, there is no set time for this, so tune in tomorrow and see if we're around.

Off to ride the cable now... :-)
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-30-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see that they didn't drop the ball on this one. I wonder if the webcast can be recorded or is it will be available after the event. Since it is Saturday will be doing my own riding.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-30-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'll check on that.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
Hey Dave!! So the webcast will include the women?? thanks, robyn
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-30-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
teamValdez, hopefully not
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-30-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
Kyle, OUCH! Have you got something against the women's events?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-30-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
no, i just don't think they should be televised for what they are doing and making the same amount of money as the men or making any money at all. the men push the sport to the limits but the women, excluding maybe 3, friday, kent, copeland, do anything but a backroll in their run. every person i ride with would school the womens events, not worth complaining about though
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-30-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
Get ready to be hammered Kyle.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
OK Kyle, in the first place, it isn't being "televised" it is a webcast. And some of those women are friends of mine. Are your friends women?? And if they are get them out there to show the others how it is done.Cuz if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Another thing.. They DON't make the money that they guys do. I understand where you are coming from, Dallas really shook things up as did Emily and you are SO forgetting Melissa Marquardt. She is an awesome rider and can spank most guys I know. No hard feelings, you are entitled to your opinion. No flames coming from this post!!Personally, I like to watch women wakeboarding more than wakeskating (yawn) fun to do, sucks to watch (and drive for that matter)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-30-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
Bitter...so bitter...
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-01-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
Kyle, it's too bad you and your friends weren't born as women so that you could "school" all of the pros. And for what it is worth, yes, the women get checks but they are not near the amount that the fellas get nor are they invited to all of the contests. Perhaps that makes them doing easier tricks more fair?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
The women are progressing big time.

Yesterday's finals were proof of that.