Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
Just got back from PT on my knee/ Tibia that I broke back in April. The doc originally thought that everything looked good and said push the weights, and ride (but be careful). So I have been riding and working it out but my leg is getting weaker every day. So today I go in PT and they cancel all future PT and have scheduled a CT scan and are already talking about surgery at the end of the month (without even see the CT). They think that there is a bone spur or soft tissue that is logged in the joint and isn't letting my knee heal. Same thing they thought a few weeks ago but told me that I had to work through it with the PT. Today was too painful at PT and they decided to pull the trigger on the surgery. He is a great doc so I trust what he says I'm just bummed that my knee didn't heal right the first time around. I will be back on crutches but only for about a week and I can probably write off the rest of the season (I was hoping I could catch the tail end)
Al
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-14-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
good luck with the surgery and a fast recovery.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-14-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
Try not to get too worked up until you know the MRI results. If it's a spur or loose body in the joint, then it's an easy 'scope and back at it relatively quickly. Good Luck!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
I'm hopein that they scope it but it seems like nothing has gone to plan with any of my resent surgerys.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-14-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
that sucks! sorry to hear it.....but weren't you the guy riding at the CIE houseboat trip like RIGHT after your first break?

If not...sorry for the confusion...if so, well....you know the rest....and at 27, you should know better! j/k...

anyway....good luck with it.
Old     (dcdman67)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-14-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Good luck with the second surgery. Work hard in PT and get back on the water!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-14-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
sorry to hear that al. just do what the doc says and you'll be better than ever come next season!
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       08-14-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that AL. I hope all goes well, I miss seeing you out there killing it.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-14-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
good luck with it man....it'll all work out! sorry to hear about the setback....
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-14-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Allen, so sorry to hear that buddy. I hope you got in some good riding last night. Do you think you'll get to ride before surgery, or is it getting too painful now?

Hope everything goes well, see you Saturday?
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
It's getting too painful last night I was protecting the crap out of it so I decided that I'm done untill it's fully better. Yes you will see me Saturday, wife and kid too.

Eric, Seriously... It was 10 WEEKS after my break and another thing, the doctor told me to ride but to take it easy SO I DIDN'T KNOW BETTER, The problem isn't with the initial injury, it healed fine! The problem is somthing external (of the joint)that got in to my joint line, nothing I could have done to prevent it and there was nothing i did to cause it, thats what the doctor said.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-14-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Dude...I was mostly kidding (notice the "j/k" in my previous post)...seriously...and I only said something because somebody who seemed to know you said something about it in the houseboat trip thread.

anyway...sorry for the bum luck...rage on...
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
Allen...That sucks so bad..I feel for you.Keep ur head up and look foward to next year..Late
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
NO, Eric I took it as you were kidding, I didn't mean to come off pissed at you just pissed at the situation of my knee.
al
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
Good luck, Al! I'll have to buy you a round or two next time we hook up at Evie's with Evan.
Hope everything goes well.
T
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-15-2007, 4:14 AM Reply   
Allen, let's hope that they get it this time. At least it's near the end of the season for you. Anyways, hope to see you guys again soon. Craig
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-15-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
Man!

That's sounds just like Fisher's story. Hope your second surgery goes better than her's.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-15-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
Allen, hope all goes well with the serg. Do as the Doc says and keep up on the PT after. I know how the knee sergs can set a guy back. Sometimes it will really get to ya down and depressed. According to my DR I was never going to be able to ride again. You might need to take a step back and just chill out there. Now I just go out and have fun. Keep your head up.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
So I go in next week, The CT showed a 4 x 2 x 2 mm bone spur growing out of the fracture site that is not allowing my knee to straighten all the way. I'm exited at this point because he said after they get rid of that I should be pain free and ready to hit the weights hard to get my strength back the original fracture looks great.

he said I'll be better then before because of the PT my leg will be stronger and more protected to futher injury.
Thanks for the kind words except for Eric HAHAH j/k