Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-21-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
Saw this on Craigslist for a few hundred bucks its 24' long with a 23" diameter. I was thinking about buying it and putting a large diameter piece of coragated black pipe over it. Something fairly cheap and easy that I can quick float out from my dock and set up in a few minutes. Just looking for a some opinions if ya'll think it will work or not. Heck I was even about just buying the pontoon tube and jibbing that w/o anything over it. I think the coragated would really help the pontoon tube last longer.

thoughts?
Attached Images

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-21-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
How do you intend to anchor it? I think it would work well if you could find a way to keep it from rolling and moving around.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-21-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
well with the corrugated i don't think it rolling around will be much of an issue. I assume it would with the support side down (side that is shown up in the pics) just because it would make it top heavy. I was think of anchoring it with like two anchors on each end. nothing to high tech.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-21-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
sorry for the incorrect spelling on corrugated, stupid phone auto corrected to the incorrect spelling. APPLE RULES!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-22-2012, 5:38 AM Reply   
Have you looked into the dimensions of corrugated tubes? Thats the only issue I can think of, otherwise its a genius idea, might look into it myself.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-22-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
Ben, I think I could get a 25' tube that would slid right over the top of it. I think I am going to just go for it.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-22-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
you can get a big enough piece of pipe to go over it. just depends what you want to spend.
I would put it over dill a few holes where those "legs" are and attach your weights or anchors to them... you follow?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-22-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
Yeah Man Good Idea!
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-22-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
That's why they pay me the big bucks! lol I'll send you the bill.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-22-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
What's the other side of this thing look like? Smooth surface?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-22-2012, 1:17 PM Reply   
It looks like a pontoon, totally smooth, I think it would dent fairly easily tho-
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-22-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
looks rad