Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-05-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
Our boat is out of action at the moment so I took a set behind my flatmate's Kawasaki X2 yesterday. Not much wake to speak of it was pretty much jet wash but it looked a little better further back. I was riding at about 50 ft, just the main line no extensions. That put me about 15 - 20 ft back from the rooster tail.

I will play around with rope length but can anyone tell me whether a longer or shorter rope works better, maybe a rope with some stretch would work better, I don't expect I'll be loading the line up too much. I think a longer rope would pull the ski around less when I cut, went for a hard cut out into the flats to try a surface spin and pulled the ski over. Suggestions?

Thanks
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
i ride at 60ft i think. the inside out can be pretty fun. i love doing start up tricks inside out, thats when the wake is the biggest.

but really, if you are riding behind a jet ski you should just get a wakeskate. you can do everything you would be able to do on a wakeboard plus a million other tricks. no limits
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-05-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
Agreed with Mitch. With jetskis (for me) you can have it too short but you can't have it too long. Just more room for slashing and ollies
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 3:10 AM Reply   
I ride at 75ft behind our jetski. I also have a skate but the water is too cold here (in Ireland) to wakeskate for more than 3 or 4 weeks (at least if you fall in as much as I do on a skate)
I've got a Hyperlite Roam though which is fantastic fun behind the ski. they are also a great way to get hours switch riding under your belt.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-06-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
OK I know there is virtually no wake on a PWC, but behind ours, there is actually a tiny lip at around 60-65 feet at 20MPH. That is where we keep it - mostly for skating though.