Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    mtbmudmachine            02-04-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
Does anyone have this Boss Mirror Mount. My question is "Does the mirror move more now that's it mounted on the tower" I know that where my currant mirror is now mounter (window) It dosen't move and shake. Looking at my tower move around Make's me wonder???? Does this just look col o does it work better than the stock one.

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-04-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   
I think the mirror location would be great. I agree with you though it would move more on the tower compared to the window location.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-04-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
P.S I saw that "Master Craft" Now have there own Tower Mounted Mirror, Did they steal the design From BOSS, or is it just a Fluke. There's looks great. I gotta say as a Nautiqe owner Master Craft has some real nice forward thinking design's. There Wakeboard racks and the way there towers mount to the deck of the boat's "real clean". Im not sure of how they function but thier look and feel is great
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2003, 6:43 PM Reply   
The Regal Session also has an arm mounted on the tower to hold the mirror. It seems pretty slick, but I also wonder about vibration.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-04-2003, 6:45 PM Reply   
Grant I saw that miror and the new tower at a malibu dealer sugg. retail at that store was $199 for the mirror and mount.That is a lot of skrill for a mirror
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
Boss towers move about 1/2 inch left and right with the rider. So, I would expect the mirror to move on a boss tower.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-04-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
Grant:
That's not the only thing being borrowed from Boss designs and ideas. People have copied his rack and fork design, his speaker canister designs, tower mounting ideas, bimini design, etc. There are very few tower companies that actually come up with original ideas.
And, I have used the mirror in question. It does move around a little. But the positioning of the mirror above your forehead is the best! You can see everything all of a sudden.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-04-2003, 10:49 PM Reply   
Plus it looks darn cool! I can not remember the price that was mentioned to me, but a Cipa Comp mirror is expensive in itself and does not include anything machined.

Old    gobeta            02-10-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
Mastercraft has a mirror like that for their '03 models. Not sure of the price, but it looks a little cleaner.

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-10-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
The Cipa mirror on it's own is around $100 retail.
Old    wuneyewilly            02-19-2003, 10:09 PM Reply   
I originally thought the Boss mirror was the bomb solely off appearance since I hadn't used one. Now that I have seen the MC version, it is cleaner and looks great on their towers. I am interested in functionality though. Will the rider be a blur with a mirror mounted to the tower?
Old    aircanada            02-19-2003, 10:37 PM Reply   
I have the MC version on my boat and I like it a lot. I have it mounted so that the mirror is about 10 inches above the top of the windshield, in this location I can see clearly using the seat both bolstered and un-bolstered. I have noticed very little, if any shaking in the mirror.

I will be out this weekend and will take some pics.
Old    cal_air            02-20-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
We have the Boss mount on are boat and it works great! The visibility is better and its a nice looking addition to the tower.
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-20-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
I got the Mirror Mount. It doesn't match my tower setup so I sent it out to get Anodized "Black" Ill post photo's have it back.
Old    cal_air            02-20-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
We polished ours so it would match the board racks.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-20-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
Grant do you think the Boss mirror mount will work better than Mike Smith's set up. I can get the new mirror mount with the new boat. So far we have opted to not get it and go with the two style of mirrors that Mike is running.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-20-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   

..Here is a pic of the mirrors Travis, They work great.
mirrors
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-20-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
I think I would like that better than the Boss mount. They are horizontal with each other and will not move as much as the tower mounted setup. Thanks Mike

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-20-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   

Travis here is shot from the fron side, adding the second mirror made a huge differance on being able to keep my riders in view when were not riden legal. Opp's did I say Legal!!!!!!!!

Lake Sonoma Riders - LSR
SIDE VIEW
Old    cal_air            02-20-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
CIPA actually has a mirror with tow adjustable sides that really works great and looks good. I also have this mirror but like the mount on the tower alot. It adds alot to the tower but the visibilty is awesome. If you are into being able to see people when they cut out I would check out that other mirror CIPA makes. It would save the cluttered look of having to have two mirrors which is not a bad idea at all and I fully support the idae of being safer than looking cool. My .02
Old    cal_air            02-20-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
http://www.cipamirrors.com/marine-b.htm Here is a link I found with somewhat of the mirror I am talking about. The only thing other I could also say about the Boss mount is that I like being able to see right over the windsheild instead of having a blind spot because of it. It prevernts you form having to look over the mirror.
Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-20-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
I just got a Cipa Extreme and it will not fit on a Boss mount or the stock "bar" mount. You must use the supplied bracket.
Pat
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-21-2003, 7:18 AM Reply   
what about when you have a bimini open? i have a windshield-frame mounted CIPA like above, and my bimini already blocks view of riders that go pretty big in my mirror. i like the Boss mounts, but if i raised the mirror another 4" or so, i doubt i'd be able to even see the wake at 75'.
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-21-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
Travis: Mikes Mirror's Work good. As far as Boss Mirror mount working better??? I dont know. I think it looks better, So for me (It works better) Travis: You'r new "Cal Air" will have the Boss Tower,Yes? So being the Fashon Whore that I am I would say you should get the Mirror, And being that you like trick stuff you I think you You will like it. Now send me some of thoes Bad Ass racks your making "Phat Rack" J/k
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-21-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
TRACE has a good Question. I was thinking the same thing also. My Bimini sit's at a angle where the front of the Bimini is Low. I Will just have to angle the mount in sutch a way that there is enough Clearance, I (hope) It won't be a clearance problem, You will know there's a problem if you see it for sale next week!

Old    mtbmudmachine            02-21-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   
Patrick What is the CIPA "Extreme". P.S When i got my Mirror The Mirrior mount or Arm is a Standard size sorta a One size fits all and then Boss give's you spacers to go with the tower you orederd it for. The spacers they sent me won't work with a Flight Control Tower (FTC) My O.D is 1-7/8. The question I have. Are the spacers they sent me wrong? Or is there 1 7/8 diffrent from my 1 7/8??? they said they are sending out New spacer's I hope they work. I had my Arm Anodized Black Im sure they don't want it Back.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-21-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
Grant I opted not to go with the Boss mount. I want to run a two mirror set up no matter what and I think it would be better to have them the same level.

Email me if you want a Phat Rack.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    bambamski            02-21-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
I saw the new MC mirror at the boat show on the weekend as well. It looks great however what if you have to fold your tower down? I think the mirror would get in the way. That's why I like the boss one. It looks as though you can unbolt the bracket at the middle, that way you can fold it down and travel with it as well. I'm not sure if I would like to travel with the MC one with the mirror still attached.
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-24-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
Here is the Boss Mirror Mount I had my friend Anodize it "Black" It matches my FTC tower better. Ill take a shot on the Boat once Boss sends me the Proper spacers so I can install it

Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   

Hey Grant that will go great with those new Bookie glasses baby!!!!!

Mike@wakeon.com
Old    mtbmudmachine            03-02-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   

Old    cws_kahuna            03-03-2003, 6:05 AM Reply   
That looks really good Grant.