Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-24-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Purchasing a 211 Correct Craft and will be towing back over the pass. Does this engine have brass water plugs like my 78? How many and where? I need to drain the water please tell me how. Also is the warranty 5 years on the engine or only 3? How do I go about transfering and cost?
Thanks for the info
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-24-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
what motor does it have and what year?
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-24-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Hi Brett,

There is a complete listing of the winterization procedures for all PCM engines on PlanetNautique. Click HERE to view the article.

The engine warranty is only three years, and you'll have to see a dealer to transfer it. You can transfer the 5-year warranty on the boat and the lifetime hull/deck/stringer warranty for an additional fee.

(Message edited by planetnautique on November 24, 2006)
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-24-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Its a 2004 PCM Excaliber 330HP. Thanks for the info
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-24-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
Just fill it with coolant.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-24-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
Though I'm no a Nautique guy. The engine should have 2 petcocks on the side of the block.

Then there should be at least a plug in each exhaust manifold.

At last, a plug in each exhaust riser.(maybe)

You think it's cold enough to justify pulling the water out of the engine? Snoqualmie pass has only gotten down to 29 degrees in the last 24hrs. I would think that if you're running straight through then 1/2hr to 1hr wouldn't hurt anything--there's too much engine and water mass to freeze hard enough to break anything in that period of time. Example, take 45 degree water and put it in the freezer for an hour. Though, in the unlikely event they close the pass and you get stuck sitting waiting....that'd be a bummer.
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-28-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
I made it home without a incident but, now I have removed the two cylinder block plugs and two exhaust plugs. Where the heck is the transmission cooler and engine cooler plug? and is there a easy way to get to the water pump? I ended up pouring RV antifreeze down the main hose off the water pump, since I was having a heck of a time getting to the pump plug. Please give me some ideas or i'm I set to go?
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-29-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
fyi: It's my understanding that Pink RV antifreeze is not aluminum safe.

I think the transmission should drain by itself. Though, you could always take the hoses off of it to be sure. I'm not sure what you mean by "engine cooler"