Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-19-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
What's up everyone! We've got two new videos for you today.

"Wet Thursdays" covers the last event of the Wet Thursday series at the Sacramento Delta. I would like to thank Jen Shreve for doing the interviews for us. She did an awesome job!!! This is a long one running just over 4 minutes (16 mb) and you'll need Windows Media Player 9 to watch it...

"Parks Bonifay - Double Half Cab Roll" - A short clip of Parks signature move the Double Half Cab Roll off the double up at the 2004 LA XGames.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-19-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
Nice! Has anyone else tried the Double Half Cab Roll? It'd be nice to see someone else throw down such a huge trick... I hope Murray gets back in the game before too long, I'm almost certain he could nail it.

-Blake
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
i'm almost certain murray wouldn't do it. he throws down big tricks, yes. but he does stylish tricks...not something hucked.

by the way, i'm on a t1 connection, and this is what i got.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-19-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
FU,

I was downloading at 2k/second. What the hell??
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-19-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
gwahahaha.

56.2 kb/sec
now its at 60 kb/sec.

Im a LPB.

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
better

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-19-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
Are you guys still experiencing a slow d/l? I'm showing 250+ on my side?

sdas
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-19-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
J-Rod, are you getting any faster?

looks like everyone else did. Hurray for us.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
fu, good stuff man!

damn, i miss norcal.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-19-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
all yeah..330K/sec all good
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-19-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
nice work once again. That was awesome.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-19-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
I haven't seen Parks do that trick yet today. I'm going to download it too.
Old    jakeman            08-19-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
I can't DL the new media player at work=sucks
I can't wait to get home to watch your vids.
you stuff is always dope
late/jake
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-19-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
i just downloaded and watched hype which came out in 2001. don't know what time period the footage is from (parks is wearing gloves in it like he is in the shafted films). it surprised me to see the double half cab in hype. it put the complaints i've heard from folks about that move in a new light. i didn't realize he'd been throwing the move for that long.

blake, as far as i know no one else is doing or has tried that trick. here's what i know of folks attempting or making double inverts:

gerry nunn: double back roll (done)

daniel watkins: double back roll (done)

darin shapiro: double front flip (done)
triple front flip (attempts - tho he claims to have landed one not on video)

parks: double back roll (done)
double tantrum (done)
half cab double back roll (done)
switch double back roll mobius (done)

dallas?: double ts front roll (attempts) these are in one of bame's films - i think shafted, but i can't remember.

and joe -

murray: double back roll (attempts)

you can see murray's attemps in dave's videos (http://www.dpcfilms.com/videos.asp, and also in hype.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
parks - double half cab roll
nunn - double roll
watkins - double roll
shapiro - speedball (double hs front flip)

i guess i should've worded it better...

murray have and prolly will try one, here and there, but if you watch his riding, it's mostly stylish tricks. sure, he has big technical tricks, but i doubt a double invert will be one of his signature tricks like the list above.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-20-2004, 12:28 AM Reply   
C-stack - good eye....! I'll have to post a larger version of Murray's attempts. He was coming really close, but witnessing it first hand... it's no fun missing a "double" anything. Kudos to ANYONE that tries it!
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-21-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Love the Wet Thursday vid. I made it out to the event and had a great time. In fact I saw a short glimpse of me in one of the background shots on your video.
Old    byerly137pro            08-21-2004, 3:42 PM Reply   
last saturday I saw Ricky G attempt a double backroll off the double up twice but just missed both times, the driver claims it was his fault but owell it was sick to see
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Check out the Wet Thursday series recap on the front page of WakeWorld...

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/marinemax2.asp

Old    r_dub            08-25-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
I was pretty upset that Parks didnt make the finals at the Indy stop because I really wanted to see that double half cab roll in person.
Bummer!