Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-08-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
I'm hijacking the froggy tat post. Don't bag on the guys tattoo unless you got his skills or ballz.

Wakeboarders, post pics of you tats or your favorite tats in the wakeboard comm. Stop bagging on our own!!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Although I dont think it's right to rip on someone just to be ripping, but, IMO, anyone can give their positive or negative opinions regardless of skills or balls. I dont care for PS's style tat, but I do like Byerly's, Ricky G's, and Vandal's tats...
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-08-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Agreed, but most people on that post are ripping to just rip. There's a difference between positive and negative opinions and people ripping on their own just to rip, but regardless post pics.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I agree with you there...
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-08-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
I don't really like PS's tat either, but I'm not going to rip him, call him a girl and make fun of his ears. Ricky G's, Vandal's and Byerly's tats are cool, but a little to much for me.

Let's post those tat pics.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-08-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
here is my newest. bag away if you want.
Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
I got a few that are easy for ripping...

my first -- on my hip
Upload

second on the inside of my arm -- sorta rushed into this one
Upload

Didn't make top 3 at a wakeboard comp so I lost a bet (I got 4th) and got my school's name, mis-spelled, it is supposed to be STOUT -- my armpit/ribs
Upload
Old     (ridngrl21)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-08-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
Upload

These boys dont have too many tattoos...This i believe is ricky's new edition which is his 08 graphics for the board he rides... it seems to me that his and randalls tattoos represent them in some way ....
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-08-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
thomas- i like that tat, its an original idea and nicely done.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-08-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
my first right after I got it... All Things Are Possible To Him That Believeth 9:23 St. Mark

Upload
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-08-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
Hey Nick, that wouldnt be UW Stout woudl it?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
Sure would be

haha, ST-OT
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-08-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Ahh..got ya. Entering into the UW system this fall. Headin' out to UW Lacrosse. From the Green Bay area.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
Nice... it alright here... the ski boat is worthless but I'm hoping to get my boat up here for september next year... it will be nice to have someone else who wakeboards around here

do you know Ryan Wakkoz or however you spell his name
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-08-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
I'm Rockin the kokapellie on each side of my neck, also got some chest, back and leg work done.
UploadUpload
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       11-08-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
my daughter and my big fish
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-08-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
There are two pictures of my tat on there. I'm planning a couple others I want. Me and my bro are getting one when I go to Florida in December.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=733 7895&albumId=405
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-08-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
sovens tatt looks like crap! the lettering sucks!

heres me
Upload

i also have XXX across my back for Straight edge

i have praying hands on my leg and a memorial peice for my friend on my leg

i got a lot of work planned for this winter
Old     (ridngrl21)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-08-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload

Represent who you r PEOPLE !!!!
i think i want to go get some tattoos because everyone is doing it !!! way kidding !
Old     (ridngrl21)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-08-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
revising what i posted !! Most people get tattoos to represent something in their life...Take The Vandall and Ricky G. do you see anything on them that other people have ? nope !!! and thats how it should be ...ORIGINAL !!! and some sick art !
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-08-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
Ricky's is pretty cool, and i like evan's. If I were going to get a tat it'd be the same place as soven's and sheckler's, not for the sake of copying them though, it would be lack of creativity! I agree, if you don't have anything meaningful to write, nothing about you, no reflection, no art; what's the point really? "look i have a butterfly on my leg!!"? other than if you lost a bet..... just my personal opinoin though......
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
back piece in progress more coming in a month or soUpload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
here's my brothers work in progress too
Upload
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2007, 11:05 PM Reply   
Evan Park,
That is VERY nicely done, quality work on many different levels!!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-08-2007, 11:21 PM Reply   
Parky, I agree, the coloring on your was done pristine, sick man, really like it!!
-kyle (same as wakeskating.com/wakeboarder.com)
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-08-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
My phoenix
Upload
Upload
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
I like the tat pics in here so far, good work.
Here are a few of mine, I have one on my back but it's not finished yet so you can't see it.

ASP (my son's initials)
Upload
Upload

Dragon riding an exhaust header like a board
Upload

My 3rd Eye
Upload

(Message edited by sethenol on November 09, 2007)

(Message edited by sethenol on November 09, 2007)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
CAW CAW!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-09-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
Chas, your tat is sick. I have been contemplating something like that for a while. Very nicely done!!!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
ive seen 2 good tattoos in here so far :-(

rickys Gs and neptunes phoenix is sick!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-09-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
"ive seen 2 good tattoos in here so far"

all an opinion.
somebody mentioned something about Ricky G and Randalls tats being completely original. I am pretty certain that if you hit up an tat expo, you will see similar work on several people. it might not be the exact same tat, but in the same style, placement, etc.
my tattoos are for me. they all mean something different to me. I am definitely more of a "spur of the moment" type of guy when it comes to my ink, but that is just me. I dont regret one piece I have ever gotten.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
really no tattoos are orginal, everything has been done, hell i have sparrows, hearts, skulls, roses, pin up girl, stars, all stuff that has been done before but its stuff i like, so i got it! so of my tattoos have meaning and some i got because i like them
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
I've like every tat I've seen in here so far. I wouldn't rip on any of them. I don't understand the misspelled one, how did that happen? Was it intentional misspelling?

Entrust uhh sorry we didn't all just pick one out of the books.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-09-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
when i got it done the mis-spelling was on purpose, but there is a story behind how it got screwed up... not really funny unless you are on the ski/wakeboard team here.... at least its easy to hide it
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
sorry but ill rip on badly done tattoos, there are so many good artist out there that there is no excuse to have a looking tattoo!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-09-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Entrust- I like your ink... but to bag on everyone elses and say it's unoriginal is pretty lame, considering yours might be the most unoriginal on here. I couldn't care less either way. I get mine for me and that's it. I love em and wouldn't ever even think of a removal in the future. each person has their own likes and dislikes which I think we can refer to as style, and jus because someone has a different style than you doesn't make it cool to bag on their art. oh heres some more art from my buddy Nick who did mine. He's been tattooing for just over a year now.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
i never said anyones was unoriginal and mine were orginal. i was saying there are no really orginal tattoos cause everything has been done. my tattoos are orginal based on traditional tattoos and styles.

but sorry im not gonna say a tattoo is cool when it looks like crap!

tyler some of those look ok but some dont, for tattooing for a year though they arent bad, its a very new school style which personally i dont like but to each their own, i would never question anyones tattoo subject i just question bad work, there are lots of tattoos that i dont like but i can respect the work cause its good, but like i said there is no excuse for bad work
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Entrust, Do you have any further pics of your 3/4 sleeve? i'd love to see it closer
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-09-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Seth Are you a Sepultura fan?? That 'S' looks jsut like the font they use for their name...the old/good Sep I mean.
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-09-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
Entrust,

Do you think you have any tattoos that look like crap? Becaue if we are ripping on tattoos the one or you upper chest looks like crap to me. I can even read the word and your two feet away.

BTW, I like most of the tats on here and Tyler I think your buddies work is SICK!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-09-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Jumbo love?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
my chest is Fed up from being the sun too much, i scorced it when it was fresh so its all scarred up, its getting redo completely this winter. so now i put 45spf on all day long on my tattoos and stay out of the direct sun more.

i have 2 tattoos that could be better but they are done and nothing i can do now, but i learned from them, the fire around my pinup girl isnt that great and neither is the girl but i like it ok

my sleeve needs a touchup sitting from the sun erasing some color :-) and it needs like one more sitting to finish it once and for all

here are my praying hands which i love but they are still unfinished :-(

and a really old shot of my back

and some recent shots of everything else

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    00wakesetter            11-09-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
but like i said there is no excuse for bad work

have 2 tattoos that could be better but they are done and nothing i can do now, but i learned from them, the fire around my pinup girl isnt that great and neither is the girl but i like it ok

I guess there is an excuse for bad work.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
i didnt say they were bad work, they just could have been better, it was more the artistic ability of the artist not the tattoo skills
Old    00wakesetter            11-09-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Maybe thats how the pepole feel on here that you claim to be "bad work"
Old     (ridngrl21)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-09-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
LETS STOP ARGUING AND CONTINUE THIS GREAT TOPIC ON TATTOO WORK !!! MAKE IT POSITIVE PEOPLE !!
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
If you think mine are badly done entrust I drew my own and so your saying I'm a bad artist and you would be correct but it is not the inker's fault because I made them that way. However I'd agree the one on my forearm is sharty but an apprentise did it and it was free. I got it to cover up a tat I'd tried to give myself when I was 12 and help a close friend get some practice. It looked 100% better than what was there. The dragon was 12 years ago and the eye 10 years ago. Tat's have changed since then from what I can tell and by what I've seen latley. ASP is my son's initials and yes I'm a Sepultura fan and love the S and have always wanted that S inked on me since the first time I saw it.

Encore your ink is awesome and the color is amazing but it looks like you fell on a tattoo photo albumn and some of them just stuck to you when you got up.

Oh I almost forgot, how did you do that stunt where you slid down that handrail on a silver serving tray? It looked like fun.

Support your local tattoo artist.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-09-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-09-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
Few pics of my sleeve chest panel in progress. Japanese style.....werd. Disregard the ol dbl chin , I was lookin down....I swear!! Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
Entrust, respect, but have to disagree with your claim that nothing is original. To me, that's the mark of a great artist, if they come up with something that's never been done before. Example, when Guy Aitchison started doing his biomechanics stuff, it was original. If a particular artist is instantly recognizable, then to me, it says that nobody has done that work before. Only an elite handful can make this claim, but they are out there. Just my opinion.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-10-2007, 1:51 AM Reply   
Entrust- I dig your work man... but none... I REPEAT NONE is original what so ever... and none is really a whole lot better n quality than anything I've seen here.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-10-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Gotta give credit to Nick. Max from "Where the Wild Things are" is great.........
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-13-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
this is mine, I really dont care what people say about it, its not the best work, but it was done at "Good time Charlies End of the Trail Tatoo" I like it because of the Cross and what that means to me. Its on the center of my shoulder blades.
Upload
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-14-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
Where the wild things are is by far the best.