Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-30-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
I have just installed 4 wetsounds xs-650 to replace my in boat speakers I want to place the sub where the freshwater sink is under the window? is this a good or bad idea? also what sub amp,amps should I use to power this? I am probably going to add the wet sounds threesome to the tower this spring? here are the photos of the sink location? any recommendations would be great
http://larsonboats.com/escape/204/ Upload
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-30-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
sorry the link is below the photo to show the sink location
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-01-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (jpaul)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-01-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
Id say the only option you have is to cut some fiberglass in the walk way on the drivers side
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
What sub are you looking to go with, this will decide whether you can simply mount it to a wall, or need to build a box. The pics in the link really didnt show much, I would look at the driver's footwell, pass footwell, or walk-thru wall. Next would be to build a box for a storage area. As far as the wall goes, look for a wall that's large enough for the sub, thick enough to support the weight of the sub, the area is deep enough to mount it, and you have access behind it to run wires.

I would recommend the WetSounds XS-10FA and the Syn4 to power it and your 4 in-boat speakers.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-02-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
thanks for the info I have plenty of room underneath the drivers side console to put the sub i just wanted to use the space where the sink is mounted since it is pretty much a waste of space.