Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (rider43)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
I am looking for some more information on the Military cabins. We were wondering if the water is deep enough by the dock area for a wakeboarding boat...is it too shallow? Are there stumps underwater..? Is there a gate with a guard where you enter? Any information would be helpful!
Old    alanp            06-17-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
km i live out here and have the brochure on my desk i'll get you the number if you need it. i do believe the water is deep enough for a wake boat. if i remember correctly i was talking with someone a couple of weekends that was staying there and had a wakeboat. there are stumps in alot of the shallow areas of the lake but then again thats a pretty well traversed area and you should be ok because most of them(stumps) you can see since the water is relatively clear. i've been to the actual cabins once and i dont remember there being a guard. i think there was some type of gate but maybe not even that. i know you need to bring your own linens. i'll talk to my buddy who stayed there last summer that works here with me. if youre really worried about it you can always just stay at the cabin and put your boat in at martinez or fishers which is just a few minutes away by boat and/or car.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-17-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
KM-

I have ridden Lake Martinez quite a bit. The water is shallow near the edges and you need to avoid the marked off preserve at the North West end and the underwater trees at the South East end. Most people will drive circles in the lake but I recommend driving straight lines from the North end closest to the preserve towards the south end which is the channel connect the lake to Martinez resort.

This is a great place to teach beginners and kids due to less boat traffic and generally good conditions but the lake isn't really large enough for long runs.
Old    nickm            06-17-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
If you are thinking about staying at martinez you should really consider hidden shores. It is way nicer and is only a 10 minute boat drive from martinez and fishers. I go out there every other weekend and the water is plenty deep for wakeboard boats. Visit hiddenshores.com for more info.
Old    alanp            06-17-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
nick im assuming he's military and he can get those cabins dirt cheap.

nick what type of boat and color do you ride in. stop by and say sometime. im in the teal and white supersport (decals removed) with black tower and speakers and i ride in fergueson
Old    nickm            06-17-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
Alan i have a white sanger v210 with purple decals ya sure what space are you in?
Old    alanp            06-17-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
i actually live in yuma so i'll look for you next time im out
Old    nickm            06-17-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Sounds Good
Old     (lunatic)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
I've stayed there a few years back, it was cool for sure. The lake part is small in front of the military camping & the hidden stumps maybe a concern. Just go to fergueson for a longer run. I'll be out there this weekend.