Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Does anyone have pics of their MC (not specificaly an x-star) with the top deck painted black with the hull? I think it would look better.

Upload
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-08-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/507530.html?1191522702
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
How much would it cost?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-09-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
I had a buddy paint mine for $75 but it wasn't gel coated
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-09-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
Thats pretty cheap, Anyone with gel coated?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-09-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
colin, you have been trying to find out all this black on black info, dude you should just leave your ride alone, its sick!!! if you want to do anything start by getting that dang red swim deck replaced witha white or a real pimp teak inlay one like on the mari's. i get nausous wheni see that red deck i all your pics, dude wtf. YOUR BOAT IS SICK, i thought we settled that 3 months ago. you should be worried about loading that thing with ballest and hours and then start desging an 08.
i guess i just learned not to get attached to much since it will be gone in 2 years or 200 hrs witch ever comes first.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
I hear you Bryan. Now that I look at it it would look better with a white swim deck. I always do this with things, i mismatch and eventually get sick of it. I would be worried about ballast but it isnt my boat and my dad doesnt feel like spending any more money on it for a bit. I have 2 younger bros and we would only use the ballast for me until I am allowed to use it by myself (gaining trust)then it would be for me an friends. But dont get me wrong I am extremely grateful for what I have, an x-star wasnt even in my dreams. An x-30 was my dream I never thought would come true. And as for designing an 08, trust me I would but my dad is done buying toys for a while. Maybe an 09 though. Very happy with what I have I just always like to change things up a bit, the little things that make a big difference.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
If I want anything extra on my ride, I have to pay. Just like most of you out there besides the kids that parents buy a nice boat and they never use it and basically give it to the kid and buy whatever he wants for it. Thats definetly not me.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-10-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
I think it would look cool but if you think about it, it would not be very functional. IE the deck is what gets the most amount of use so scratchs, rub marks, etc are gonna show up 10x more on black than white. Props twitch for not being "one of those kids".
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Yea Twitch I hear you. I can't wait to be able to take the boat out by myself. It just kills me having to see the boat in the garage on a hot sunny day with nothing to do because dad's at work. We don't have an X-Star but I'm pretty stoked on our 02 VLX.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
Next summer maybe, and ours doesnt even sit in the garage! it sits in a slip! my dad doesnt always go to work but he's always busy with little brothers and he works from home sometimes too. We have sea doos also so those are what I can take out. And I have 2 friends who are allowed to take their boats out and one of them is "one of those kids" he has a cracked tower on his 04 210 and doesnt even care, tower speakers dont work, ballast doesn work, all blown speakers, crumbs, garbage everywhere, and his parens bought him a audi s4 when he was 15 and a half, not even an a4, the s4. crazy...