Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
I've got to imagine that with the way Vandall rides and all the props given for all that steez people have got to be riding his new board. I want to go back to the continuous rocker like his Legend 140 but let me know what yall think.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-24-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Hey I will probably be ridding the 145 this season and i think its an awesome board. Its pretty fast and it boots you nice and far.
Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
How is the weight? I'm gonna check out the board this weekend but all i know is from what i've read and a little from the rep at the shop and he said he really liked the way it rode.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-24-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
The weight is not bad it feels like every other board. I have a slingshot as well so i guess thats a little lighter but i am not nearly going as big and as far out into the flats with the slingshot then i am with the Vandall.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
I have a couple. The ride well. Lots of pop. Since the bottom is flatter than most, you trade the great pop for a hard landing if you do not land on edge. The pop feels like a 3-stage, but is has the acceleration into the wake of a continious. I have a hard time deciding between the Legend and the Gator.
Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 11:36 PM Reply   
Anything you guys don't like? The mentality I take when I buy a new board is that I'm gonna make it work with the features it has. It sounds like something I'm looking for, carves well, fast, good acceleration, good pop and consistent take-off. How does it hold when landing in the flats although you say it's kinda hard but I guess that is probably typical with most boards?
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-25-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
REAL sick board! tons of pop! i broke mine tho..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       04-25-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
you have to land against the rope, edging out.

Karl, you riddden the prospect yet?
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-25-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
I think it holds great! I could land pretty far into the flats and no matter how i landed it would not slid out on me. There was no really yank from the rope ether. When i hit the water on a landing i felt like i was going the same speed as when i took off. The only thing i would change about the board would be the removable fin. I wish it came in a smaller size. The board seems a little sticky. I will ride it finless next time and let you know how that goes.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-25-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
reading what some people have read i'd have to whore they lyman out on this as well. Little bit faster, little more pop and WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY softer landings

oh and you won't have that breaking problem, Lyman himself has yet to break one and i've yet to hear of anybody else breaking it (correct me if i'm wrong)

and it's also $20 cheaper than the Legend

(Message edited by da_kamp on April 25, 2008)
Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
I'm going for it... I'm gonna throw my Ronix one bindings on it and make that baby work!