Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-14-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
So the Maloofs could not convince Sacramento to build a new arena on the old railroad yards, but how many people would like to see a cable park on the site instead???It would reconnect Sacramento with its rivers/heritage and could be filled using crystal clear water from American river(might be kinda cold). They could dig some lakes right there...i think it would be a great idea. lets get it on the ballot. finally something you really want to vote for huh?
Old    kidrik            04-14-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Can you barefoot at a cable park?

I've never been to one, so I can't say shee shee.......

Count me in either way!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-14-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
Count me in!!!!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
ive seen froggy do a raley off a wakeskate into barefooting at o-dub, this was before he demanded being called phillip
Old     (ffmedic)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-14-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
im in on that were do we vote...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-14-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
...wouldn't it be nice...
Old    murrayair            04-15-2007, 1:17 AM Reply   
That would be awesome, but if Sacramentans can't agree to use that site to build the city's only pro sports team a new arena, there is no way our small sport is going to get any consideration whatsoever. If a cable park were to be built it would have to be constructed by a private company on private land.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-15-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
this particular cable park would have competition ski lakes on each side so that some "other watersports" could be participated in using boats. Public facility, just like any park or marina.

if the stinking rich maloofs want an arena for the team they own and profit from they can pay for it themselves. I don't get to drink $7000 bottles of wine with my carls jr sloppy burger.
they already have an arena, nothings wrong with Arco.

but i would vote for my tax dollars to go to a cable park since that would make sacramento unique in the west...where is the closest cable park? Florida?
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-15-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
texas but im in too its a drive for me but it would be fun
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-15-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
I would love to see one too but from what I have been told by people in the know, is that it is not allowed to use a private lake for profit. Thus a cable park would not work here in NorCal.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-16-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
if you are talking about people who own private lakes usually the reason you can't use a private lake for profit is the HOA rules of the homeowners themselves. If someone or any group wanted to open their private lake for profit they could. there are liability issues but tx and fl seem to manage somehow...

i was just dreaming anyway, like it would ever really happen

I was really asking if it was on the ballot would you vote for it as a publicly owned facility.

My idea is for it to be publicly owned like a skatepark or such. I talked about voting for it
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-16-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
bftskir, you forgot that kansas and oklahoma seem to manage too...
Old     (latefordinner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-16-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Great thought, but the soil at this site is so contaminated from years of railroad use that the water would be unsafe to swim in, let alone cool an engine.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Rob, they could line the bottom with plastic. They line waste disposal sites (landfill's) with this plastic and they have lined other ponds that keep the contamination in the pond and not the soil. They also have plans to remove the majority of the dirt from what I hear also.