Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
It has been a month since the surgery and the recovery is going well. The surgeon said that it is healing very fast and is happy with the progress that I have been making with physical therapy so he has bumped things up a bit and is letting me start to put weight on the leg (2-4 weeks early!!).

Here are a couple of pics. One is the Xray that shows two of the screws that were put in. The third screw doesn't show up because it is a bone-like material. The quality of the Xray scan isn't great, but you can at least see my new 'BIONICS'...haha.

The other pic is me looking almost human again

Thanks again to all of those who ran errands for me and kept me entertained through the hardest part of the recovery!!

See you all out on the water SOON

xray
crutches
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
That's awesome Christie!
Stay with the pt and do what the doc says, and you'll be out there in no time....
Looks like you have barely any scars from the surgery too! Cool.

Jason
Old    deltahoosier            05-27-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
Great News!!!! Happy to hear that. You going to come down and eat some breakfast at Orwood this weekend?
Old    swass            05-27-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
That is great news!

Don't worry about the scars - scars are cool.
Old    wakelvr            05-27-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Fisher, we shall celebrate on Sunday:-) !!!!!!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-27-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
Looking great on your road to recovery.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-27-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
Christie, good to hear things are going well. Are you still planning on Shasta in July? If so, see you there.

Brad.
Old    norcal_99            05-27-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
Christie, Glad to hear you're healing quickly.

Are the screws going to be removed later, or do they stay in forever?

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
Lookin' good, Fisher! Still can't run away from me, huh? So when we goin' out?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Christie,
Is that a Tibia Plateau you snapped?

KG
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
Good to see your healing, keep up the PT. See you on the water soon.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
Its the Bionic Woman! (que slow motion sound effect)

Glad to hear things are going well. Keep up the fast healing.
Old    gaboarder            05-27-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
Keep up with your PT, it makes all the difference in the world. Good luck!!!
Old    simba            05-27-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
maybe its time you get one of these. You will never have leg pain again! It sure helped my back pain from wakeboarding.
pic
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
Rod - Yes, I'll be at Orwood Saturday morning. What day are you going to be there?

Ja & Stef - See you Sunday for sure!

Swass - Yeah, my surgeon did too nice of a job...the scars won't be that bad afterall...hehe.

Andrew - How's your road rash?

Brad - I'll be at Shasta for sure...everything is all set. See you there!!

Rene - the screws will be coming out in a couple of months.

Joe - I can probably still run faster than you on my crutches :-)

Kevin - That is exactly what you see...Tibial Plateau fracture. Have you seen it before?? Personally?

Squid - haven't seen you in ages...hope to see you out there soon.

Kristian - hopefully, the bionics will help my wakeboarding skills..hahaha!

gaboarder - Thanks for the encouragement...

Old    deltahoosier            05-27-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
We have to decide when people want to eat on Saturday I guess. I am open. I am sure we will all figure out something.
Old    papi            05-27-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Christie,
Glad to hear your recovery is going well!

I feel you pain. I broke mine on 5/11. Picture is my leg post surgical (7 screws and a plate) the bottom screw goes through the fibula into the tibia to hold position. OS says no weight bearing until the hardware comes out on 7/2. The concern is about sheering the bottom screw.

The hardest part is having to rely on others for all those little things you just can’t do when on crutches.

Take Care

Hardware Upgrade
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Ron - Somehow, I'm sure I would find a way to damage myself worse with one of those!! lol
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-27-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
Christie, I somehow believe that last statement!

Glad to see you're recovering fast.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
Rod - We will be there early sat..between 8-8:15.

Chris - Wow! I feel your pain for sure!! It has definitely been hard relying on so many people for even the little things. I am finally able to put some weight on mine which means I can drive and that helps a lot. Before that, I read a lot, watched a lot of movies and talked to friends. That also helped. Did you do it wakeboarding also?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
Christie,
Lookin' good!!! And your legs are almost the same size again!

Ron, please don't give her any ideas...
Old    papi            05-28-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
Christie – You do not know how envious I am of you to be able to put weight on it . No, I did not do it wakeboarding. I did a slide tackle in soccer … only problem was that foot did not participate in the sliding part. My guess is that I will be only wakeskating and wakesurfing the rest of this year.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
Chris - I broke mine a month before you broke yours so, don't worry, you will get there. Try and keep your spirits up. It is very easy to get depressed from being unable to do anything. It might not feel like it right this minute, but it really will go by pretty fast. Keep your chin up!
Old    buttacup            05-28-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
way to go on the recovery. You look much happier in this pic here compared to the one when you posted when were bed ridden. You'll be back on the water in no time!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-28-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
def. do the p.t. I skipped out on alot of mine when I broke both bones in my lower left leg. Non weight bearing for 4 months and although it is feeling better I am sure if I did my p.t. I would be back to running at my usual slow gallop. Good luck with the healing....I am feeling youre pain. PS I got a way better scar then you....haha
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-28-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
Glad to hear the recovery is going good. Take care.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-29-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Nice to see you smiling again!! Take care of yourself and you'll be out there kicking ass again!!:-)
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-30-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
good to see you out on the boat you gave us a smile on sat when we seen your boat with that strange looking board in the rack (cruches)