Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-16-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
So was wondering what everyone's opinions are between the one and Watson
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-16-2011, 5:20 PM Reply   
The One has prettier colours. Ask a more specific question about them.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-16-2011, 5:33 PM Reply   
What is the major differences between the two boards? What board has more speed and pop. I have an older Watson and have recently been riding a few year old Murray. I prefer to have a 3 stage rocker
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-18-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
Well, by pulling up the handy Wakeworld Gear page, I have access to two videos explaining all the features. The descriptions tell me that they have the same rocker height (although if I remember correctly, the Watson is a later kick, giving it more abrupt pop), with the Watson being a little wider. The One has fewer bottom features (the Watson has a center spine and some channels), and rounded edges in the middle, although it looks like they have tried to do something similar with the Watson this year.
So from what I've read, the One is faster, the Watson has more pop.

And here are the links to the gear guide:
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in..._detail&p=5801
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in..._detail&p=5529

Last edited by benjaminp; 04-18-2011 at 7:37 AM. Reason: More info
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-18-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
Both super sick decks man i doubt you can really go wrong... I personally like the Watson better... However alot of my friends ride the one... They found with the .8 inch A wing fin that Hyperlite makes the board alot more lose and FUN!
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-19-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
Watson IMO
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-20-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
Ben, thanks for being a cocky kid! I really appreciate all your help, I like the way that you assume that I have not performed any searches on the topic that I was asking. I'm sorry that I asked a question to get some advice, I will remember in the future to not ask questions, because there is always smart a** people on here. one day I will grow up an be as smart as you!
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-20-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
I asked the question because I'm between purchasing a Ronix one 142 sinter base or the Watson 139 limited that Performance is selling and was looking for some opinions.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-20-2011, 11:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoblak View Post
Ben, thanks for being a cocky kid! I really appreciate all your help, I like the way that you assume that I have not performed any searches on the topic that I was asking. I'm sorry that I asked a question to get some advice, I will remember in the future to not ask questions, because there is always smart a** people on here. one day I will grow up an be as smart as you!
maybe its just me, but i don't think ben was trying to be cocky. sometimes there have been people on these forums who are not aware of the descriptive videos available from the manufacturers. i don't think it was necessary to be so harsh
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Sorry I made you upset, but when I see a question like that I assume you havent done any searches, because the info is out there and easy to find. Hopefully my answer did help you a bit, and I'll remember to leave your future questions to other people so I dont piss you off any more.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       04-21-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
haha I would go with the watson I actually just bought one this week. @Ben I think the last statement "So from what I've read, the One is faster, the Watson has more pop." Could have been left out.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-22-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
After reading my post I was too harsh and I'm sorry. I actually appreciate any information that is provided. I guess when I first read the review it seemed harsh. Thaks for all the help