Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-19-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
So, I've been checking the Maven and GLTR websites in hopes of a Maven session coming to Eastern WA or Nothern ID.

As of this morning, it looks like they cancelled the Coeur d'Alene, ID session and have kept the Spokane, WA session as a possibility on the GLTR website.

I called the contacts for the event this morning (Sports Outlet & Wintersport) and both shops have heard about the Maven Sessions but don't have any sign up sheets or additional information.

Here's my thoughts on this one...neither shop has a boat for Maven to use so...no session? I hope they can set this up, otherwise I'll have to drive over 4 hours to get to the Seattle Maven Session and hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Anyone got a boat Maven can use? Anyone? (If that's the problem).

Hoping for the best...

Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       06-19-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
That is just weird. I was planning on going to the Spokane one for sure. What dealers are up there? Would they even be able to use someone's personal boat? Seems like that would be a huge insurance liability, for both parties. Plus, it's coming up very soon.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-19-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
One of the major boat dealers (that has more than just fishing and pontoon boats) sells Hyperlite and O'Brien in their shop but no Liquid Force. I was thinking that might be part of the complications.

Also, for some odd reason, the boat dealers on this side of the state don't promote wakeboarding as much as the Westside does (I grew up on the Westside).

Fifi Trixabelle: I hear ya' on the insurance liability part. Hopefully it will all work out.
Old     (kathleen)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-23-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
Hello Girls! HUGE apologies from tour-coordinator here. We've had some serious confusion and communication breakdowns regarding the Spokane Maven Session. I'm sorry for all the confusion. I'm still trying to make this happen and am in contact with those who can help me make it happen. Thank you for your continued patience and please feel free to email me directly about this. I'll get the details dialed as soon as I can. Unfortunately the Coeur d'Alene event didn't work out. Please keep checking back for details. Again I'm really sorry for the confusion. The Seattle Bake's and Wiley's events are dialed for sure as well as the Tri-cities event. Thanks girls and I do hope to se you there as I'll be at every Northwest stop. Thanks! --Kathleen
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-26-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Kathleen - It's great to hear you are still trying to set up the Spokane event. Since you are on the road while trying to schedule all of this, please let me know if there is anything I may do to assist you. I'd be happy to help out. Take care and hang in there.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-27-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
M, dont forget to try out the Cadence 134 when you go to the Maven Session! Have fun for me there too!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-28-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Cris, should this even happen, I will most definitely try out that Cadence 134 for you...wish you could be there.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
They are comin here to the tri-cities this saturday the 15th...there might be some spots left, im not sure. me and a couple friends are in the PM session. Has anyone done one of these this year yet? Just curious to what goes on and stuff like that.

Jamie
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-12-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Jamie - Funny...I just asked you in a different post if you were going to that session. I found out there was one AM spot open due to a cancellation but there are two of us wanting to go so we didn't take it. Good news is that there will be a Maven Session near Spokane on the 14th. I'll try to remember to post what it's like afterwards for you on Friday night.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-13-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
Just got off the phone with Eli @ Wintersport. The Maven Sessions at Hauser Lake Park are not quite filled up yet (as of 12:41 PM today).

There are still openings for the morning session from 9AM to 1PM.

The afternoon session is full (6 people).

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Upload
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-15-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Jamie - I tried posting last night and found out my 56K connection at home way worse than the T1 lines at work so after several attempts decided to try for the middle of today when there's less online traffic.

It was so much fun! Kathleen worked so hard to make sure this event would happen and all of us appreciated her efforts very much.

We were fortunate enough to have two great drivers (thanks again Malibu Rocky for providing the boat), two excellent coaches (Barrett & Amber), one super-energetic event coordinator (Kathleen), and 6 lucky ladies (including me) who got to have the best wakeboard & wakeskate education one could ever hope for.

Amber corrected my riding posture and worked on getting me to edge better as well as ollie outside the wake. I'm so excited to go out and ride again (hopefully tomorrow) so I can work more on what I've learned.

I also got to try wakeskating for the 1st time and thought that to be the most fun you could possibly have behind a boat. I can hardly wait to buy my own wakeskate and work on getting better (or at least not having my only trick be superman belly flop).

Hope you're having fun at your local Maven Session. I had the best time and would like to say thanks again for everything.

Cris - I demoed the Cadence 134 for you. Wish I was a better rider to be able to tell you how it rode. It was 3 cm larger than my Nemesis 131 and the extra 3 cm made everything feel a bit softer. It will be interesting to see how my Nemesis 131 feels in comparison the next time I get to ride. Did you get your Cadence 134 yet? I'd like to hear your views on it if you did/when you do.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-15-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Thank you also to Wintersport for the goodie bags and your help with the event.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Im so jealous!!!! Im glad you had a great time, it must have been awesome seeing Barrett and Amber ride in person!!! And to have them teach you..... again, i'm jealous!!

Thanks for trying out the board... as I do not have it yet! The shop didnt have the board in stock, so they couldnt have it there in time for my dad to pick it up.. so I'm going to have to wait a couple of months to try it... Did you feel it had more pop than your 131??

Wakeskating is sooo fun!!! I can't wakeskate and not laugh... I laugh at my own falls... it's just super fun... it was about time you tried it!!! It's great to wakeskate after having a few hard falls on the board....

Well, Im so happy you had a great time!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
I have to say, that was the best thing that has ever happened to me! Amber and Barrett are freakin awesome and helped me land something new which is the greatest feeling ever! They helped me so much and I can't wait until i can ride again to go practice everything. Me and my friend were talkin to Kathleen about Maven and their stuff so me and Kammi are going to get together and talk about getting some contests and a club going around here in the tri-cities. I'll let you know when that gets up and running. But yea if anyone get an opportunity to do any kind of clinic, wether by Northwest Riders or expecially Maven, take advantage of it while you can. I hope they are coming back next summer and I can't wait! Thanks again Maven, you're awesome!

Jamie
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
anyone gonna be at the portland maven clinic? i heard a rumor that i'm gonna be there w/ cameras in tow.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
I would give almost anything to be able go there and do it again. If I didn't mention already I had a ton of fun...

Jamie
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-17-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Jamie - Great to hear you had so much fun. Congratulations on landing something new. Any chance you got to demo the Cadence 134? Cris (posted above) wanted to know how the pop was on the board and I'm don't ride at a good enough level to help her out with the answer to that one. All I know is that it felt more stable than my Nemesis 131 when I got to do some basics and the few ollies they had me do. Wish I was a better rider so I could help Cris out more. If anyone demos the Cadence 134, please post how you felt it rode. Thanks and Cris, I wish Maven would head to where you are or that you could make it to the states for a session.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
No i didnt demo any of the boards, sorry. I should have though. Amber Wing was riding it, so it has to be good. :-) Good luck

Jamie

(Message edited by wakechic06 on July 17, 2006)