Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-24-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hey I was looking for a board for my girlfriend. She's about 5' 6" 125lbs maybe, and she has hardly wakeboarded, but wants to start. I'm looking for something decently priced, and will last her for a while. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Get her the LF Diva 134, its a great board for beginners that will grow with her skills.
Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-24-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
thanks ill check it out.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Check out this new Krown with Nice Binding combo.

My buddy ordered this for his girlfriend.

It matches perfect and has cool colors, which is usually what new people to wakeboarding are all about.

But it also has some awesome performance characteristics which will help her learn to ride as well as help her develop new skills!

Upload
http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard7.asp?ProductID=3292

&

Upload
http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot7.asp?ProductID=3359

The only thing is, those bindings in real life are the same color as the board & the price was alot cheaper than the Msrp on those links...

Cool set-up though...

The only board his G-Friend has ever road was his PARKS!

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM

(Message edited by partydock17 on April 24, 2006)
Old                07-07-2006, 1:39 AM Reply   
ummm... a hyperlite divine 131 is a good board for a begginner!!!!! cute design too!!! but kinda pricy!!!about$350.00$
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-07-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
I second the Diva. Great board to learn on.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
I have a friend who rides the Diva and really likes it. Too bad she doesn't want to start out with an advanced board ... I'd sell her my setup! LOL!
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-07-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
A while back I bought my girlfriend a LF Cadence. Same board as the mens substance. She's a beginner and says its really easy to ride. Check it out.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-08-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
bought a lf diva 128 for my wife and daughter to share in the ww 4 sale ads for $100. they both love it...
Old     (chellet)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-09-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
I love my O'brien Atla...
Upload
Old     (finleym)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
The hyperlite belmont 131 is a really good board to learn on. I have one that is signed by Shaun Murray it has only been ridden about 10 times and it has Temet bidings they are mini-mediums and I loved this setup, and hate to sell it but I had a child and weigh a little more now so I bought the premier 136 to ride and love it. Pictures of the belmont are on ebay, you should check it out.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-10-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
I have an 06 HL Divine and it's nowhere near that expensive. We got my board and Symbol bindings for 225 dollars. It's a great board.. the same shape as the Belmont.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
I had a Belmont a few years ago. It was a good board, but I borrowed a Diva from a friend and felt much more comfortable on that. So I third the diva.
Old                07-13-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
I haven't ridden the Obrien Atla yet, but I do ride the Obrien Vice, and I love it! I had a girlfriend of mine come out on the boat the other day, and she used to wakeboard. Hasn't ridden in 2 years, and she ripped it up on the Obrien Vice. She had nothing but good things to say about it! I've been riding a few of the Obrien boards this year the natural and the vice, and both boards are very fun. The Natural is lighter and faster then the vice, but the vice has a lot of pop and is extremely fun to ride. Hope that helps... Good Luck :-)