Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (shanemulleryahoocom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
have seen a couple of these for sale in the area and was wonder if anyone had any experience with them or if they really give any kind of a wake to speak of at all, i didnt realize that bayliner had ever even made a v drive?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
As I recall both Bayliner & Mastercraft were owned by the same parent company at that time. Bayliner decided they wanted to get into the more specialized wake & ski boats & with MC's help came up with the Wake & Ski Challenger. Notice how much the Wake Challenger looks like the Maristar.

Overall they were a descent boat, especially for being a Bayliner. There is one on my dock now. It's biggest downfall is the tower. It's about a rickety POS & should definitely be tended to, if not replaced.

A friend of mine had one in TriCities, WA for years. He ran a Samson tower & used to weight it with like 3k lbs & it kicked out a great wake. Even had descent power with an upgraded prop. He used it for like 5 or 6 yrs and he was into it for like $15k. Two years ago he upgraded to a $60k LSV. I'd be willing to bet he had as much fun on that Challenger as he will on the LSV, for a lot less money! And he stuck tons of tricks behind it.... 3s, 5s, Crows, Tantrums, Raleys, backrolls, etc.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-19-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
I used to own one and it was a freaking great boat. The wakeboard wake is one of the best I have ever ridden, and I have some ex-pro buddies and they thought it was as good or better than there current xstar. I had hidden ballast system around 2.5k total and the wake was firm and big. I installed a tower, and it wasn't the best, if I was to do it again, I would spend the money and get a samson or something of nature. The interior also fell apart, but that is easy to fix and wasn't to expensive. I also installed perfect pass and a big stereo.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have a maxum 210ss, basically the same as the bayliner except for the color.

Awesome boat for the money. Loads of standard features like shower, heater, motorised engine hatch, cockpit lights etc. I have perfect pass, ballast, tower, lights, big stereo and more on mine now.

They are very similar to a mastercraft maristar 210vrs both in and out.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
road behind a friends one a off-and-on. Great boat...one of the better wakes i've ridden. Great price point. he put in excess of 1500 hour on it with very little troubles.