Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/boa/2604134141.html

Went and looked at this boat and just wanted to get some more opinions than my own on what some people thought. My buddy has a 205 so I know it has a great wake when weighted but just trying to figure out what a good price to offer on this boat if anything at all. Cant really tell from pictures but boat would need to be buffed really to get the shine back. Does not have ballast or perfect pass which would be first two things I would do. All interior vinyl is in great shape other than back center hatch (heard there were some issues with this). Also was kind of worried how 310hp engine would do with 2500# ballast installed?

Basically would this be worth making an offer on or does it need to much? Any info would help
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-26-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
I have that exact same boat except the X version. The back sun cushion is typical. They all do that. My boat I would want 27k for with 230 hours. So looks like no ballast and no perfect pass. PP will cost you about 1k. So my guess 22 to 24.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
Pretty late in the year too..... so low offers may be accepted. Any clue if the guy wants it sold rather than storing it till spring?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-26-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
20-22.5 in my opinion. You will spend 2500-3k on ballast and PP probably plus another 500-1000 for the vinyl. Not sure what those mastercraft fenders cost but I would guess $500 or so. That boat in perfect shape with all those things would be somewhere in the 25-27.5 I think.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-26-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
With only 2500 lbs of ballast the 310 engine should be just fine....just be sure to put on the Acme 1235 prop. For reference, I had a 2000 XStar with the 330 hp engine with the Acme 1235...we ran about 4400 lbs of ballast and it had no problem getting out of the whole.

I sold mine this past May. It had 1130 hours on it and I got $24500 for it...it was loaded with: Heater, 2002 Zero Flex Tower, Board Racks, Tower Speakers, Tower Lights, 330 HP Engine, Perfect Pass (old school pp), Upgraded Ballast (4 sacs all on own switches and reversible pumps), the vinyl on my hatch was cracking as well, the carpet and rest of vinyl was in excellent shape, and the hull was nice and shiny (easy to buff out, so I wouldn't be concerned).
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2011, 3:54 PM Reply   
Mike/Luke,

Not sure if we have met but I used to be at ll the events with my 2000 X Star and have been out to Koontz on Mike's 205V a bunch of times.

Well let me start off by prefacing this......I am tired of people putting up adds and claiming Well Maintained........Excelllent Condition..........Garage Kept when it is obviously not the case. This boat is none of the above.

While every 2000-2004 MC has that same vinyl issue those who keep our boats well maintained replace that. Those whop keep their boat welll maintained dont have 4 ripped cushions, a dinged up trailer, and need a good gelcoat buff.

This boat is bare bones, engine included. It has a tower and thats it. Everything else is base.
My XStar is Mint......not a ding on it, my vinyl is mint not a ding scuff or scratch as it was just replaced. Thes are signs of a well maintained boat. I would be able to get 25k easy for mine with all the options and extras I have. Here in the midwest as you know the boats tend to go 3-5k more than those on the coast due to the fact they are so scarce and well maintained ones last a grand total of a month n the market....most are gone in a couple weeks. This color and gel schem look sweet. It will never be outdated and once you get it shinning it will sparkle and turn heads for sure.

You are looking at 2-3k for an interior as I can guarantee you that you will not find an exact match for this old MC Vinyl because it was so cheap. 1k minimum for pp, and 1500-2k for ballast depending on how you want to do it.

The base 310 engine has plenty of power for all the ballast you want to throw at it. Like mentioned above get the right prop. I run that exact Acme 1235. The torque curves for the base engine and the upgrade are almost identical at wake speeds. The difference shows in the top end and at ski speeds.

While it may sound like I am slamming this boat......I am not. It just needs some TLC and is not worth near the orice this guy is asking especially this late in the season. I wouldn't go higher that 21k. Maybe thats me being picky and anal about my stuff, but its not in that great of condition and is bare bones stockI would love to see him get 25k for this because that would mean I could get even more for mine but again the condition its in makes it that. Do you know why he's selling? Again I have not seen the boat like you have, but from his add sounds like it def needs TLC. Not really deal breaker run away TLC, but definately effect the cost dramatically TLC that makes the boat not well maintained or garge kept.

Also while I am def not the king of spell check.....especially on the board here.................While posting an add of something I really want to sell and want people to take seriously I would make sure I don't have a bunch of mispelled words and typos throughout the adds. Shows lack of care and to me relates you don't [ay attention to details so also says a lot abount maintainance level of teh vessel. Again I am sure I have at least 5 in this post, but I am not selling anything

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-26-2011 at 3:59 PM.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-26-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that has been on CL for most of the summer, and it still hasn't moved. I think Swat is pretty close at $21k. Unfortunately, you just don't see low hour 205v's priced much lower than that.
Old     (curt489)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-26-2011, 7:53 PM Reply   
Got lucky from a guy near by and bought this for 10k. Fixed up the gel coat already. $200 in product and about 40 man hours of work. Little bit of prop problems and interior. Overall a good buy so far. 1050 hours. Needs a little TLC.
Attached Images

Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
He had it for sale on craigslist at start of summer but then decided to keep it another summer. He used to have a cottage in Indiana but sold it so he just doesnt use it anymore. The thing that I do like about it is the low hours and the fact that he wasnt running all kinds of weight in it all the time. Its just hard for me to look at a boat thats not super clean and say yes I want that even if I know it will clean up nice.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
I live in the Chicago burbs and have seen that boat on Craigslist for a while. How is the owner? The original ad claimed like new condition, and he flat out refused to show any pictures. He also had the boat two hours away, so to look at it you had to travel 2 more hours from his house. Those items kept me from even inquiring about the boat. (Even though its only 45 minutes from my house and as you know tow boats in this area are limited)

I say pass, especially at that price. (But if you do buy and need help with cleanup, hit me up; all of my pulls have sold their boat or are getting married)
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2011, 8:21 AM Reply   
Hes got it home right now. After a good cleaning and that rear vinyl replaced it would be good to go other than a scratch on each side that I am not sure would come out. Just dont think he was too much into wakeboarding just did it maybe every once in a while because he was telling me how he doesnt like perfect pass because you should know how to keep speed and things like that (also the 2 coolers in back for ballast and that making a huge wake thing).
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-27-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
Curt - if you fall on another deal like that - let me know!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2011, 10:17 PM Reply   
Is this the one the dude calls a V205
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-30-2011, 5:52 AM Reply   
That would be correct