Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old    phishfriend            04-18-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
i know im a newb here but have been riding for a while and just got my own sport nautique

looing for the best lakes in the southeast to hit up this summer....lanier is my home now

thanks in advance!
Old    phishfriend            04-18-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
in the southeast i mean :-)
Old     (ridnlow)      Join Date: May 2005       04-18-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
Lake Martin in Alabama is a popular choice for people who live in Atlanta.. I live in south alabama but make the trek up there every summer for a week and I really enjoy it.

www.lakemartin.com is the website..
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
well in oregon, fern ridge rocks my socks
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-19-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
laqke bartlet, o-towns lake, or canyon lake}
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-19-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
if your in tennessee, check out center hill lake. definitely my favorite lake. you never run out of glass.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-19-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
lake lanier is good, try lake Burton, or Allatoona.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-19-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Just got back from Lanier a couple of weeks ago. We found some pretty good spots to ride down there. It is a damn big lake, I'm surprised that you are looking for somewhere else to ride.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-19-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
my fav is lake jessamine in orlando fl
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-19-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
I will second Lake Martin in Alabama, it is beautiful and is very big so you can find some clean water somewhere.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-20-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
Black Creek!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
San Vicente during the winter is great, but sucks during the summer.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-20-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
I used to ride Lanier exclusively since my parents live on War Hill Park Rd now and I grew up in Cumming. I moved to Athens and then Commerce so I started going to Lake Hartwell which is about 20 miles closer for me. I'll never go back to Lanier if I can help it.

I can't believe the difference in population at Hartwell vs. Lanier. I stick to the Tugaloo Park area of Hartwell where 95% of the watercraft I ever see are pontoons, jetskis, and bass boats. It's a night and day difference. You can find glass as late as noon on Saturdays. Weekdays are a ghost town out there, even in the dead of summer. I would stay away from the main lake (south of I85). That can get pretty choppy but that's no differnt than the Lake Lanier Islands area of Lanier.

Oh and since I don't go there anymore, I'll tell you about the sweet cove I used to ride in at Lanier. If you look at the no wake zone at Bald Ridge Marina, there's the part that goes out to the main lake and then there's this small cove that you have to ride through the no wake zone to get to. Back in the late 90's, that was the best kept secret on that lake. Then again, back in the late 90's you could still catch a lot of fish at Brown's Bridge.