Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
I got this boat this winter and started working on it to get it ready for the summer.

I've started the boat for the first time this afternoon. It runs fine, but:

1-With my last boat that had a black scorpion engine, when i ran it off the garden hose and open up the throttle a bit, the ''gardian system'' would engage and a beep could be heard (probably because there is not enough water coming off the hose). Not with this boat. Is it normal?

2- The tachometer is NOT working. I've located in the engine bay an harness with a grey wire that says ''tach'', but can't figure out where to hook it up. The is also what appears to be a ground wire (black with a terminal) that comes off the same harness. Any hints on how to get this in working order?? (i'm probably going to need it for the perfect pass in RPM mode, right?)
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Don't know much about the wiring, but I do know you will enjoy the surf wake on this boat! Let me know if you are going to ballast this baby for surfing, I pretty much got it dialed!
Old     (jdb11386)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-16-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
I dont know much about marine applications, but most engines have the tach wired to the distributor.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-19-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
Apparently the tach is bad. I have 12v on grey wire and it's not working, so time for a new one.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-19-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
Not sure what cars you work on but a tach signal is typically derived from the ground side of the coil
Old     (jdb11386)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-13-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdon View Post
Not sure what cars you work on but a tach signal is typically derived from the ground side of the coil
Your right about that, just was thinking about something else while typing.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-16-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
Tach was defective... Still wondering about the gardian system engaging or not.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-16-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
Bad tach's are SUPER common on Centurions. Mine never works right. PP has the RPMS on it so it's not a big deal.