Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (trob)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
hey,

I am going to be buying my first set of tower speakers and i like the idea of front/back speaker cans... will they sound good? or better to go one directional??

thanks for any feedback
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
They sound bad because they fight each other.
They don't do well when towing at 60mph down the highway.
They are obnoxious to other boaters.
Most towers don't sound nearly as good as people think.

sorry for the rant but last weekend at the Discovery Bay marina I had to listen to some really garbage sounding towers while waiting to load my boat. If most people only know how bad their towers sounded they would turn them off in public areas.

(Message edited by mikeski on July 30, 2007)
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Do a search for tower speakers this will help out a lot.
You need ask your self a few questions.
Do you want to hear them while riding or more for cove party's?
Who is going to hear the speakers up front?
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
And what Mike said
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
I think the 4 wetsound speakers we have up on the tower sound pretty damn good. And When i say loud i mean there loud. There so the rider can hear them, but when the rider can hear them so can everyone else.
Old     (trob)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I really don't need loud music, but i want music heard outside the boat while anchored and swimming without blasting the boat speakers inside the boat.

speakers up front are not essential, just thought if they sounded good, i may enjoy them.

I have been looking on ebay... has anyone had good success with liquid audio sounds or h2o pro??
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-31-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I say buy them, make sure you run about 200 watts to them and turn the treble up all the way and bass as far down as it will go in order to get maximum sound clarity. Rock the double barrles!
Old     (desertcajun)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-31-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
We had the kicker cans with front and back speakers. They sounded great. I had them for 3 seasons before we traded the boat. I would go for it if you don't have speakers in the bow. If you have speakers in the bow I would not go with the two ways