Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...-patriot-act:D
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-09-2011, 12:01 PM Reply   
Good day indeed.

Check out the video of the EPA director getting hammered on.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-09-2011, 12:20 PM Reply   
Links no longer working.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-09-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
My tea party-backed congressman (C. Fleishman-R(TN)) voted in favor of extending the Patriot Act. Isn't the credo of the Tea Party, "less government"?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-09-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
maybe thats why it didn't pass.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2011, 1:43 PM Reply   
The at the end is messing it up

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...ts-patriot-act

edit: lol, that smile face is a "colon D"
Old    SamIngram            02-09-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
Unfortunately most of the Patriot Act is permanent... it was made so in March of 2006 (I think)

The House of Representatives voted 280-138 Tuesday to reauthorize the Patriot Act, following an 89-10 Senate vote to reauthorize the act last week. The measure has gone to President Bush, who had urged Congress to pass the reauthorization.

The reauthorization makes permanent 14 of 16 provisions of the original Patriot act, adds only minimal protections for civil rights, and adds a provision to restrict the sale of cold medicine. That’s right, cold medicine.

You heard right. Cold medicines are going to be moved behind the counter, and you’re going to have to show ID to purchase them. Plus, you’ll only be able to buy so much of it in any given day or any given month. Whole family’s sick? Too bad. That’s just another thing the Patriot Act will add to the price you pay for the War on Drugs.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-09-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
^I think you are right Sam, but the vote was on, what I consider to be three crucial points. One, is the continued legality of unwarranted, roving wiretaps. Two, is the FBI's ability to unconditionally access library records, etc. Third, is the "lone wolf" provision.

What I find tragic is the GOP recently took control of the House of Representatives, mainly on the platform of "less government". Yet, 210 Republican representatives voted in favor of extending these provisions. Adamantly oppose "government healthcare", but support government wiretapping.
Old    SamIngram            02-09-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^I think you are right Sam, but the vote was on, what I consider to be three crucial points. One, is the continued legality of unwarranted, roving wiretaps. Two, is the FBI's ability to unconditionally access library records, etc. Third, is the "lone wolf" provision.

What I find tragic is the GOP recently took control of the House of Representatives, mainly on the platform of "less government". Yet, 210 Republican representatives voted in favor of extending these provisions. Adamantly oppose "government healthcare", but support government wiretapping.
Wow, something we can agree on. The Patriot Act is anything but Patriotic.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

I hate all things Bush! That family has taken more of my freedoms than probably any other.