Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-02-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Caught this on Alliance today. With all the Doubles going down these days pretty cool to see one going front! It's at the 3 min mark. Super Clean, solid nose grab, stomped. I'd like to see it done off the double up!

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/cah...ks-2012-video/

http://vimeo.com/50487591#
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-02-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
I guess they are calling it a Double Front Flip to Fakie, the first rotation looks flipish but the second is rollish, but whatever it's still super sick!

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...ront-to-fakie/
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-02-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
^^^ I think he's right. The rider comes at it heelside. Gotta be a double front to fakie. Never seen it before, it was awesome!
Old     (txwakerider14)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
Adam Errington hit a grabbed double crow last year, not as clean though. http://vimeo.com/30410633#at=30
Old     (grantw)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-02-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Pretty obvious it's a double front to fakie and not a double crow. The second flip is more tip to tip than most people's toeside frontflips. Really cool looking trick, hope we see more people doing them.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
2nd that^^

Definitely never seen one of those before (was it the first? Im assuming not lol) that would be amazing behind the boat.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Just a thought.. could you possibly call that a speedball to fakie? speedball 180?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-02-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
good call henry!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Has anyone done a speedball since Shapiro?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-02-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
Not that I have ever seen.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-02-2012, 10:09 PM Reply   
Didn't BoB Soven do a double scarecrow off a double up a couple years ago?? I'm trying to remember what he called it. Pretty sure the name was stupid. But maybe it was trifecta
Old     (mhouser2)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-03-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
The Trifecta!!!! yeah he did it a couple years ago it was a front to crow is how they described it which is different from everyone else doing a crow to front

http://vimeo.com/7211564#at=0

Last edited by mhouser2; 10-03-2012 at 6:24 AM.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-03-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Really? You go and throw "Speed Ball" in there?? Cant we just be happy with double front to fakie?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-03-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
I think the name double pits to chestie sounds better.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I guess they are calling it a Double Front Flip to Fakie, the first rotation looks flipish but the second is rollish, but whatever it's still super sick!

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...ront-to-fakie/
It's neither IMO. He's hitting it heelside and throwing a double backroll to fakie. My computer is dropping frames so he may be spinning 180 to toeside on the ramp and that would make it a double toeside backroll to fakie. But no way is that a front flip. I'm the last guy to look to call a trick, but I would never call that a front flip.
Old     (grantw)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-03-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
John, there are two doubles in the video, one of which is a double roll to revert. The double front to fakie is at 3:07 and after the double roll to revert.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-03-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
IMO there's a huge disconnect between wakeboarding and cable boarding. All these tricks done off a ramp are not consistent with wake tricks. You may be edging in to the kicker on your heels or toes but the flip rotation is not done off your heels or toes. Your flat. This is where wakeboarders really screwed up and will cause lots of confusion in time trying to describe the different tricks. At this point I would think it would behoove us to change trick names or just classify cable and boat riding as 2 different sports and cable start fresh and drop the boat trick names
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidarider View Post
IMO there's a huge disconnect between wakeboarding and cable boarding. All these tricks done off a ramp are not consistent with wake tricks. You may be edging in to the kicker on your heels or toes but the flip rotation is not done off your heels or toes. Your flat. This is where wakeboarders really screwed up and will cause lots of confusion in time trying to describe the different tricks. At this point I would think it would behoove us to change trick names or just classify cable and boat riding as 2 different sports and cable start fresh and drop the boat trick names
this
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
In this trick, he ignitiates the 180 right off the ramp and then goes into the double front. To me this looks completely different than a speedball. I would like to see 2 legit lookin frontflips with the 180 at the end before calling it a speedball to fakie. Just my 2 cents...

This is a sweet trick though!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
Of course its gonna look different he threw in a 180. A double roll to revert is done with a 180 off the kicker then a double backflip is thrown in, why cant the speedball to revert be the same?
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-03-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
Let's not insult this young man who just threw down a true cartwheel style Double front to fakie with a LEGIT grab, by comparing it to a speedball. Also, Given Shapiros recent legal trouble, the fact that he named his trick a speedball is hilarious.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2012, 5:05 AM Reply   
^ You think all the pros on the tour weren't rockstar partying it out? How do you think tricks were learned and named?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-04-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
how is comparing him to a legend insulting?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-04-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantw View Post
John, there are two doubles in the video, one of which is a double roll to revert. The double front to fakie is at 3:07 and after the double roll to revert.
Thanks, now that I've watched it on a computer with a better frame rate I can see it. The double front lost so many frames I couldn't even tell it was a double.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
how is comparing him to a legend insulting?
Might be insulting to the legend to compare a kicker trick to his unreplicated wake trick, but other than that, it isn't. "Oh no Shapiro got caught up in a drug ring, he's the worst, forget all of his wake accomplishments"
The reason it made the news is due to our politicians and tax evasion/money laundering. Politicians weren't getting their cut but don't get me started on what you'd find if you looked under their dirty rugs.
Old     (MrShelley)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-04-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidarider View Post
Amen!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-04-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Might be insulting to the legend to compare a kicker trick to his unreplicated wake trick, but other than that, it isn't. "Oh no Shapiro got caught up in a drug ring, he's the worst, forget all of his wake accomplishments"
The reason it made the news is due to our politicians and tax evasion/money laundering. Politicians weren't getting their cut but don't get me started on what you'd find if you looked under their dirty rugs.
Still to this day my favorite rider on the planet. May its cause I'm 33, maybe it's because I became obsessed with wakeboarding 20 years ago. But the Scud still rules in my BOOK!
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-04-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
^ So core.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Still to this day my favorite rider on the planet. May its cause I'm 33, maybe it's because I became obsessed with wakeboarding 20 years ago. But the Scud still rules in my BOOK!
One of mine too. Power rider, I like how Murray is blending that old school 100mph style and still charging. Would love to see Shapiro on a macked out G23