Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Its like every day there is a new thread about a G23/G25 or X-Star. And it only seems to take 4 or 5 posts b4 it turns into a Neg thread. My question is ? How many of these W/W boat critics/ Know it all's are in the market for sutch a boat or even have the means to get one.
Example if you own a 1980 Centurion Falcon. I don't give a F" what you think the wake looks like or how the interior layes out on either of these boats. If you own a old beat down I/O with a tower and some home speakers hanging from the tower your NEGITAVE opinion matters NOT.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Fail....
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
Who says I give a F*** if you give a F*** or not??
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
Grant I landed my first wake to wake 180 behind a G with 5k ballast, I was 2' off the water!!! So much air! Washy wake of the new xstar I couldn't even get wake to wake...
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-29-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
I can't believe that is actually Grant posting... someone stole his login.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_McElroy View Post
I can't believe that is actually Grant posting... someone stole his login.
My thoughts exactly.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-29-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
I have been typed casted as a hater so anything I say will probably go negative. But to answer your question I am not in the market for a bigger boat . I may be able to afford one but I would have to really stretch my finances.In this economy I dont think that would be wise. Of the two I think one stands out as an engineering breakthrough although the other is a top end boat also. That being said I think everybody is entitled to their opinion even if they only have a beat up Bayliner. For me the one I am waiting for is the G21.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I have been typed casted as a hater so anything I say will probably go negative. But to answer your question I an not in the market for a bigger boat . I may be able to afford one but I would have to really stretch my finances.In this economy I dont think that would be wise. Of the two I think one stands out as an engineering breakthrough although the other is a top end boat also. That being said I think everybody is entitled to their opinion even if they only have a beat up Bayliner. For me the one I am waiting for is the G21.
Well said considering the OP has a DD nautique i dont think even HE is entitled to have an opinion on these boats. This thread needs to be deleted.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Well said considering the OP has a DD nautique i dont think even HE is entitled to have an opinion on these boats. This thread needs to be deleted.
Pretty sure he isn't giving his opinion on the boat
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatboypimp View Post
Pretty sure he isn't giving his opinion on the boat
Then he obviously shouldn't care if someone who owns a polished turd gives their opinion or not. His post came off snobby as if people without money shouldn't be able to comment. If you took out the wakeboarders that make due with what they have if its a wakeboard boat or not wakeboarding would be nowhere. Just came off as "if your not rich get the F**** outta here.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-29-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then he obviously shouldn't care if someone who owns a polished turd gives their opinion or not. His post came off snobby as if people without money shouldn't be able to comment. If you took out the wakeboarders that make due with what they have if its a wakeboard boat or not wakeboarding would be nowhere. Just came off as "if your not rich get the F**** outta here.
It is not him, someone stole his login... Grant is probably one of best posters here on wakeworld, so I really doubt this him.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-29-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_McElroy View Post
It is not him, someone stole his login... Grant is probably one of best posters here on wakeworld, so I really doubt this him.
Its him. It has the common misspellings and random punctuations that Grant is consistent with.

No offense Grant
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
What boat do you have Chase?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   
I absolutely hate the latest Ferrari! The exterior lines the interior looks horribly uncomfortable and is poorly laid out. Don't even get me started on the exhaust note! <---starting to make sense guys?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-29-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Ferraris are lame...theyre as common here as maseratis. Driven em before. Sure they cost alot and are put together well but Id take a Lamborghini Gallardo any day of the week. Especially over all the red F430s Ive been seeing around.

I mean if i want to drive an exotic ai want to be different. Not blend in with the other Ferraris.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
I was in no way bashing grants boat. I'm sorry if it came off that way. Grants boat is up there with the most amazing boats on this forum. I sold my 02 VLX last year to saveoney and upgrade to an A22. I just feel like just because I don't have the means to buy either of the two boats doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have an opinion obout them. Thats all.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2012, 3:10 PM Reply   
Not to speak for grant but he seems down on all the negativity rather than the "right" to have an opinion. He has a pretty good point.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-29-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Ferraris are lame...theyre as common here as maseratis. Driven em before. Sure they cost alot and are put together well but Id take a Lamborghini Gallardo any day of the week. Especially over all the red F430s Ive been seeing around.

I mean if i want to drive an exotic ai want to be different. Not blend in with the other Ferraris.
I have 2 430's. You sir...have hurt my feelings....:'(
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
Yea, I haven't posted here much because it has at times it has turned into what WB.com seemd to be. A bunch of people trying to assert there PERSONAL opinion as fact. And childish Name calling and lame arguments. Its like there is a Bunch of new names, Many that I don't reconize. Im not calling any one specific person out. I have been breezing threw the threads NOT paying special attention of who is stirring the pot just paying attention to the over all vibe, And yes its neg. Just was frustrated with the BS, I saw Dave posting a Warning a Few Weeks ago putting people on notice. It seemed to work for a while. Bottom Line is I like this place, I like to contribute and Like to help out when I can and wanted to say somthing, Mabey it came off the wrong way but I stand behind the over all message. To bad I broke my own rule is saying it. That rule, If you don't have somthing nice to say STFU!
So with that Said Ill say somthing Nice. Troy Lets see them 430's if you post Ill share some Pic's of my buddy's Gallardo.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-29-2012, 11:22 PM Reply   
^^^I'll post my 430's pics soon I just need to go to google images....er....I mean my 12 car garage to snap some.
Only reason I have two is because
I have another home in a different state.
And the 2nd one I bought used.

But if you think for one second anyone cares about your hurt feelings or your inability to spell you are wrong. There is not one well-populated forum in the whole damn world wide web that doesn't have the same shenanigans that go on here...

Tell your sad sad tale to someone else. Nor I, nor Mhunter, nor CWB4ME, nor LR3w8brder, nor Boomshot, nor XStarrider nor ZaneSchwenk nor Ironj will EVER apologize for Party Rocking!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-30-2012, 12:52 AM Reply   
I agree with Grants message somewhat. The negativity is irritating to say the least. As far as peoples opinions about these boats go, i wouldn't weigh their merit on how nice their boat is. I know alot of guys with garbage boats that flat out rip. I do however value the opinion of a seasoned rider with a decent bag of tricks and some longevity around the sport and scene more so than someone who's barely doin wake to wake 180's. I dont think at that level you have a good grasp of what makes a good wake. And TO ME thats what's important.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
Troy Please dont speak for me. I have no problem with Grant or anything he has ever posted.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-30-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Troy Please dont speak for me. I have no problem with Grant or anything he has ever posted.
I'm going to address the elephant in the room: Grant's Rants.....a clear anthem against those that knock other brands, ie) you MHunter.

Your hatred of MC is well documented. As XStar sales go through the roof you grasp at any little thing...citing arguments from years ago. We all know the G has a super wake...great. Now they need to market it, get some A List riders, and get some tricks landed behind it. Your problem is you seem to align your personal self esteem with that of CC....bad move! 2012 is the year of Surfgate and big tricks landed behind Star. The G is simply too big bulky and ugly....
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-30-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Nautique doesn't market like MC does nor do they need to. I love pre 2013 Xstars, can't say the same for the new ones but that's my own choice and opinion. MC makes quality boats I agree with that as well. To say Nautique needs "A list" riders is a joke, but Im getting used to your flagrant comments to stir the pot so it doesn't quite baffle me like it used to. Lets see ummmm Danny Harf........ Probably the most recognized and best rider in the world. You can say what you want about Harley and when he nears the end of his career, no doubt he will be recognized like Danny and guys like Parks. But right now Harley has a long road of consistency behind him. I don't see any Harley or top MC guys getting their own documentaries like Defy. Yes Parks did but that's freakin Parks nuff said. Also I have never seen Nautique launch marketing ploys like "CASH REWARDS" god don't even get me started as I had the unfortunate opportunity to sell MC's during this time period and what a disaster that was. I still get calls from angry old customers that want their 25,000$ cash rewards that both MC and Cash Rewards promised. Then when the bottom fell out, who took responsibilty? Don't think it was MC. I'm not bashing them, I'm not saying one boat is better than the other. My PERSONAL choice is a G hands down. To say Nautique needs to market more and get A list riders is a joke Troy and I hope dearly that was just to joke around and stir the pot. Nautique does not need to take ANY marketing lessons from MC. At the end of the day and having worked for both companies, they both push the sport and build quality products but don't get it wrong they are two TOTALLY different companies in many aspects.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-30-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
*Harley has a long road of consistency ahead of him
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Tell your sad sad tale to someone else. Nor I, nor Mhunter, nor CWB4ME, nor LR3w8brder, nor Boomshot, nor XStarrider nor ZaneSchwenk nor Ironj will EVER apologize for Party Rocking!
Lol so party rockin is what you call it!!!! Well let me tell you what makes a good party!
A steep cover charge a dress code and a good door man that takes out the trash.
I'm glad you made the party refferance. Because that puts this place in a diffrent light. What used to be a site of like minded people that shared ideas and info and even made friends is a party place. And just like at a party when the vibe changes and you don't like it, You either throw the people that are causing trouble out or It's time to gather ur stuff and go home,
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-30-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
I think everybody needs to remember the reason why we strap on a wakeboard in the first place. BECAUSE ITS FUN... Whether i'm behind my buddies 1999 sunsetter or the 2013 MXZ I have fun. And that is all that matters. Let's face it, not many of us even benefit from the massive wakes of these new boats. It's just a cool factor. Is that what the sport has turned into, just trying to look cool? 1995 Scott Byerly would punch us all in the ear. Like the guy who has never ridden a sport bike going to the local dealer and needs the 1000 over the 600, it's just overkill. Put the keyboard down and go ride.

PS. I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says game changer.
Old     (JohnnyDefacto)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-30-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
Hey MHunter, what phrase did Shaun Murray and all the Nautique riders use to describe the new G23?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-30-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
^^^^HAHAHAHA reminds me of super troopers... "HEY FARVA WHATS THE NAME OF THAT COFFEE SHOP AGAIN"
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-30-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-30-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
Kevin- couldn't agree more man. A lot of people on this site weren't around or into wakeboarding during the old school byerly days. Or have even seen films like skurfs up, mayday, switch22, among others. Sometimes I find myself getting pulled into the non sense on here and while that's my own choice I always regret it afterwards and try to remember my roots and why I love this sport. Sometimes I wonder if guys like Scott and others get on here and laugh at all the ridiculous things that go on. On the other hand it's expected, like Troy said earlier, theres not a wesite forum in the world that doesn't have some sort of bashing and non sense. Bottom line, if you can take a boat out and have the time of your life... it doesnt matter if it costs 2k or 200k
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-30-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
hahaha awesome Nauti 210!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-30-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
I was hoping you guys would pick up on the greatness of all that is a Super Troopers quote.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-30-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Shennanigan's?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-30-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
So no more shennanigans, no more tom folery and no more bally who...

I haven't been on this website as long as G has but tomorrow is my 6 year anniversary so I've logged some hours. The place has changed, we use to share a lot of great information about boats, stereo, cleaners, accessories, etc. Now adays theres 10 times more b!tching than beneficial posts. If you want a ton of drama just flip on MTV to catch up with Snookie, The Kardashians and the like. Seriuosly, bring something to the table, have a point, anything other than just stirring the pot and talking smack. I'm not directing this at anyone specific but if this message hits home with you or pisses you off it was probably for you.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-30-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Bam! ^^^ What Hate n Pain said
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-30-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Danny Harf best rider in world?
Typical Nautique guy, 10 years behind everyone else.

Fact is, and I hate defending MC, but MC sells way more boats than CC, so maybe they should take some promotional lessons from MC....
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-30-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
^^^looks like CC is light years ahead at this point partner.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-30-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
When i go out on the lake the crap that goes on here is sooooooooooooooooooo irrelevant!!!Last thing on my mind is the bickering on this forum
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-30-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Troy I have a couple of honest questions for you and if you decide to answer honestly I would appreciate it.

Do you truly believe what you say? Do you HONESTLY believe that Danny or Nautique are 10 years behind everyone else? I won't argue with you over it, like everyone else said, the drama is getting old. I guess if your looking to get under someones skin you've won because your statements baffle me and come off as someone who knows little to none about this industry or the history of it. If you do and your comments are just to stir crap up for fun so be it, I can appreciate the comedy. I just get confused with your posts sometimes because they come off so ridiculous sometimes I have to ask "is this guy serious?". I mean I've seen you on numerous occassions talk about MC out selling CC. Being a CC guy I could honestly care less who sells more I LIKE WAKEBOARDING AND BOATS. That said how do you they out sell so much? Do you call MC everyday, are you the MC account manager? Do you call all the CC dealers and get there monthly sales reports and compare to MC? Even MC guys prob think your a joke man. So my point is, if your just messin around thats cool man and funny I can respect that. But if your serious, I have no desire to ever respond or post to anything you say on here.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-30-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
I agree with Hate, G, and the others. This place has changed a lot. Hence, why I hardly post anymore. I'm here a lot, and have been here a long time, but the crap is getting crazy. If you have direct experience, share it, if your aunts, milk man's, german shepard doesn't like something, don't go crazy and make every post on here about it. If somebody asks about something, give good feedback, whether it is positive or negative, if you have experience with it, than it is most likely appreciated. If not, STFU and keep reading, you just might learn something so you have something worth while to say next time around.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-30-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
Troy I have a couple of honest questions for you and if you decide to answer honestly I would appreciate it.

Do you truly believe what you say? Do you HONESTLY believe that Danny or Nautique are 10 years behind everyone else? I won't argue with you over it, like everyone else said, the drama is getting old. I guess if your looking to get under someones skin you've won because your statements baffle me and come off as someone who knows little to none about this industry or the history of it. If you do and your comments are just to stir crap up for fun so be it, I can appreciate the comedy. I just get confused with your posts sometimes because they come off so ridiculous sometimes I have to ask "is this guy serious?". I mean I've seen you on numerous occassions talk about MC out selling CC. Being a CC guy I could honestly care less who sells more I LIKE WAKEBOARDING AND BOATS. That said how do you they out sell so much? Do you call MC everyday, are you the MC account manager? Do you call all the CC dealers and get there monthly sales reports and compare to MC? Even MC guys prob think your a joke man. So my point is, if your just messin around thats cool man and funny I can respect that. But if your serious, I have no desire to ever respond or post to anything you say on here.
Dude, I think if you read back through my plethora of witty, ironic, and cheeky posts that I write for comedic and ironic value only.

But come on, Harley is the best akeboarder in the world today. That's why he wins most tourneys.

And for example, when someone says "CC doesn't need to take promotional lessons from MC....." I say "pardon?" that's like someone saying Blackberry doesn't need to learn how to build a phone from Apple. Come on...!

But yeah. I'm not serious. I love all brands, because anyone that goes out and buys a boat and decides to spend the afternoon on the lake instead of in front of the TV is okay in my books.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
Being an elitist and making it sound like people cant express opinion on something unless that have the financial means to purchase. It for sure helps the vibe... errr...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Bryce: I wasn't being an elitist. I was just Like Troy say's "Party Rocking" LOL And like I said b4 Troy and the others that he listed in one of his posts above as "people that knock other brands" were not on my radar. You’re giving your self too much credit. I seriously was not calling any of you out because I don't know who any of you are I was just letting people know how myself and many other feel about all the B.S. that's been cluttering the site and causing many of the people I would call good posters to not post here any more. But Troy thanks for proving my point. And using the Party reff once again Like at any good Party your going to have people that are their to cause trouble for what ever reason and sometimes the best way to deal with them is ignore them and not give them the attention they are so desperately seeking.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-30-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Im still trying to figure out how I got included into the "wanted" group lol.

Theres only 2 things in life Im against and will bash...Michigan & Gator fans
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
The Eletist comment has me cracking up inside. So if you waltz into a Bugati car dealership and you start telling the sales person all the things you don't like about the Veyron and how Chevy is a better built more reliable car you think he should??? A. Agree with you or B. tell you to take your skateboard and hit the road?
LOL LOL So yea Im pretty much saying I bet more then 1/2 the people talking all the trash couldn't even afford one or the gas to keep it going. so take your skateboards and hit the road. LOL
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-30-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
The Eletist comment has me cracking up inside. So if you waltz into a Bugati car dealership and you start telling the sales person all the things you don't like about the Veyron and how Chevy is a better built more reliable car you think he should??? A. Agree with you or B. tell you to take your skateboard and hit the road?
LOL LOL So yea Im pretty much saying I bet more then 1/2 the people talking all the trash couldn't even afford one or the gas to keep it going. so take your skateboards and hit the road. LOL
What I'm reading from this is that the more money you have the better you are as a person and the more valid your opinion...agreed, +1, ditto!
Old     (madcityskier)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-30-2012, 10:20 PM Reply   
gamechanger
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2012, 11:37 PM Reply   
Lol @ Troy yea your right. Now take your skate board and get outa here kid!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-31-2012, 2:51 AM Reply   
^^^^^^+1
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-31-2012, 3:02 AM Reply   
Who's post the Rodney King pic first? C.W.A.G.A.?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-31-2012, 5:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Your argument is all about correlation between wealth and said wealth giving personal opinion validity. I've rode plenty boats I can't afford (or choose not to be married to a boat), I see how my personal opinion of that boat could now be invalid due to my level of wealth.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-31-2012, 5:13 AM Reply   
Troy- I figured man but I honestly have not read through all your posts just a few I've seen on these bashing threads. I am a firm believer that statements like BlackBerry (CC) needs to take lessons from Apple (MC assuming this is what you meant) is strictly a form of opinion. MC makes great boats, I love the old Xstars, one of my favorite. I think they also push the envelope with boats like the CSX which was wierd but kind of cool. But saying CC is sub par to MC I feel is very inaccurate. I can't say one is merely better than the other rather both companies have a lot to offer just depends on the customers needs. Fact still remains that CC has been in business longer than MC and holds patents on items like the freakin wakeboard tower. Yes CC patent the wakeboard tower (flight control tower). I'm not saying that makes them better that's here nor there. Just saying you can't say one is better than the other when they are so different. As far as the Harley subject I agree he is currently the best wakeboarder in the world and did not mean to take that away from him. You said CC doesn't have A list riders. That was a joke man because Danny may not be currently topping the world charts but he is probably "recognized" as one of the overall best of all time. He holds records like the 1260 one of the first heel 1080's. He set the stepping stones that guys like Harley looked up to and pushed himself to reach. I believe Harley has reached that level as well, but Danny set the foot prints man. That's 100% A list right there
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-31-2012, 5:24 AM Reply   
If Troy really has 2 f430s I want one of them haha and if u wanted a super car that would beet all the pasta rockets youd have to get the GTR R35. Whos with me?
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2012, 6:24 AM Reply   
Dammit, I have to pistol whip mad city skier
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2012, 6:25 AM Reply   
Oh and LR3........ GO BLUE!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-31-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepintoliquid View Post
Oh and LR3........ GO BLUE!
I hope the Tide ROLL right over you guys 72-3!!!
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-31-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
I like the XStar better, but I have an OI and mostly ride a Sky Ski so my opinion definitively doesn't matter. That & if I was gonna spend 100K + on a boat with an open bow it would be a Cobalt...but hey, that's just me...
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-31-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredthagnar View Post
If Troy really has 2 f430s I want one of them haha and if u wanted a super car that would beet all the pasta rockets youd have to get the GTR R35. Whos with me?
LOL @ Pasta Rockets! The engineering on the F430's is just so tight I know they aren't a super car a vette ZR1 will take me on a straight line but many seriou car aficionados will tell you the F430 is the most perfect car ever designed, and plus the tourists in Maui love taking pictures of it.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-31-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
Troy- I figured man but I honestly have not read through all your posts just a few I've seen on these bashing threads. I am a firm believer that statements like BlackBerry (CC) needs to take lessons from Apple (MC assuming this is what you meant) is strictly a form of opinion. MC makes great boats, I love the old Xstars, one of my favorite. I think they also push the envelope with boats like the CSX which was wierd but kind of cool. But saying CC is sub par to MC I feel is very inaccurate. I can't say one is merely better than the other rather both companies have a lot to offer just depends on the customers needs. Fact still remains that CC has been in business longer than MC and holds patents on items like the freakin wakeboard tower. Yes CC patent the wakeboard tower (flight control tower). I'm not saying that makes them better that's here nor there. Just saying you can't say one is better than the other when they are so different. As far as the Harley subject I agree he is currently the best wakeboarder in the world and did not mean to take that away from him. You said CC doesn't have A list riders. That was a joke man because Danny may not be currently topping the world charts but he is probably "recognized" as one of the overall best of all time. He holds records like the 1260 one of the first heel 1080's. He set the stepping stones that guys like Harley looked up to and pushed himself to reach. I believe Harley has reached that level as well, but Danny set the foot prints man. That's 100% A list right there
See there you go again takin' me all serious. The Apple RIM comment was aimed more at RIM's inability to sell any blackberries. CC is on par with MC from a quality standpoint no doubt.
Old    Haugy            08-31-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-31-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
I hope the Tide ROLL right over you guys 72-3!!!
Around the bowl down the hole roll tide roll!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-31-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Just thought I'd add something of substance to this thread...

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-31-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Just thought I'd add something of substance to this thread...

Post of the year!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-31-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for getting us back on track Chatt!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-31-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   

Now, what was all the fuss about again?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
The only thing that any of us that can't afford the 100k+ boats should be bitching about is the price. I'm pretty sure the manufacterers of them are only concerened with what those with the means think.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Oh an who is the first girl in the gif? That's pure perfection!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-31-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
HA!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-31-2012, 10:57 PM Reply   
Not to take the attention off of where it belongs (hotties up above), but i get where Grant is coming from.
I have been on this site for several years now. I have notice more negativity every year, probably why alot of old regulars stop dropping in here. I remember how mondays used to be my favorite day to cruise this site. It seemed like every monday for at least 8 months out of the year, there would be a "thank you" thread posted here. Basically just someone thanking another ww user for taking them out on their boat. It was usually loaded with pics, and a few nice things added about their new crew. Half the reason i joined this site. I dont see threads like that anymore. It kinda bums me out. I havent ridden in almost two years because of injuries, and this site is the only thing keeping me connected to the sport. I am almost completely done with it, but havent written it off completely yet. Hoping i heal up enough to be able to at least go wake to wake again. Someday.....
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-01-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

let's not forget the first (as far as I know so correct me if I'm wrong) boat company who felt the need to bash the other......

it's just unfortunate mhunter had to take bait and stoop to a lower level and try to beat them at their own game.

For the record I love the nautiques. The new G23 is badass. I also think the MC line is great but personally prefer the nautique lineup. They are both amazing boat lines. We just need to stop baiting the trolls.

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-01-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Ok to address the Bashing,& who drew first blood. Let's go way back. Bashing originated from Sales people. They are the OG's of bashing and are the slime ball sales people trying to sell you a boat. They are TAUGHT from the factory how to counter sale or sell against each and every brand. Some company's will have the comp's boat on display at yearly sales meetings to point out to sales people how the brand they are selling is better then what the customer is looking at. This "Ours is better than yours vibe " is where Bashing is Born. It makes it's way to wakeworld threw bored sales people sitting around with no sales and nothing to do or Threw customers that have been shopping brand A against Brand B. Bashing is Lame no matter where it comes from. Some sales people can't sell with out using it and others sell via the strong points of what they are selling and Don't bash. So the Blame can be spread not to just one company and or brand it would be very hard or pointless to figure out where it started, what's important is to recognize lame behavior and squash it.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       09-01-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
I'm a nautique salesman and can count numberous times I've said MC's were quality boats. I hate the salesman wrap more than anything because my passion for the sport not brand loyalty got me here. I believe in the product I sell as well as the company. I don't try and tell my customers that our boats are "better" rather that each boat is a quality boat and this is how my product will benefit them. That's it. I agree other sales guys have murdered the market with loose lips and outrageous statements. But some of the sales guys out there work prettty darn hard and are good people. If the factory trained the sales guys to sell a certain way don't blame the sales guy. He's trying to put food on his table and keep his job. He's doing what he is paid to do. I can 100% stand by the fact that CC has never taught me to bash MC or any other boat. I love the G series. I love the old Xstars. I don't think the new Xstar is a bad boat but for a company with high standards and having worked for MC in the past I would have just thought that they would have had a slightly more consistent boat. Especially for a flagship boat. I agree G that their are bad sales guys, but we're not all bad man so try not to group us like that. I care about my customers and have plenty of them that can verify that. Both MC and CC customers BTW
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-05-2012, 6:55 PM Reply   
Look how high this guy got booted off the G23 wake kneeboarding lol