Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    hyperlite_m            06-06-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
ok, i've been wake surfing behind my malibu with wedge down all the way, back left and mid ballast full. any suggestions on what i should change? i've heard wedge half way is good and sometimes i don't have a lot of other people in the boat but i would like the platform to be lower to i can nose press... open to any suggestions..
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-06-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Can you tell us a little about the wake your getting and what improvements you're looking to achieve? Pictures are always helpful.
Old    xtreme            06-06-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
I have tried just about every weight combination possible with the 23 LSV. So far, our best set up has been:

(Side) ballast Full
Front ballast Full
Center ballast 1/2 Full
2 580lb sacks in the same (side) storage
and of course any passengers, sitting on that same (side).

With this combo, and one passenger, you'll get a good thigh high wake. With 4-5 passengers, you'll get a waist high wake!

As far as the Wedge goes. We have found it best to leave it up. Plus it causes so much more drag at 1/2 down, have you seen the price of gas?

I didn't notice any comments about extra sacks in your post. When in doubt, sack it out.
Old    xtreme            06-06-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Here's a recent thread on this, with pics:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/326307.html?1147723925
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-06-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Gary, I'm more than a little envious of your wake, looks pretty good.

(Message edited by Bigshow on June 06, 2006)
Old    hyperlite_m            06-06-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
Wow! ok my wake looks nothing like yours... it doesn't curl much. it forms a little bit and i have no fat sacks just ballasts and wedge. and i'm running about roughly 11mph
Old    xtreme            06-06-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
Well, I hope, I helped. Get some weight, and make some adjustments, and re-post with some cool pics.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-07-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
Gary
I have a 21' XTi
we surf with the wedge down...2005, so it's either deployed or not
what did you find that the negatives are with the wedge down?
Old    xtreme            06-07-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
I don't have any experience with the XTi. Although, I have found that each model of Malibu reacts differently then the other. For example, I have a friend with a 24 LSV and we use the Wedge 1/2 down for surfing, which doesn't work well on my 23. I can't speak for your XTi, although, IMO at such a slow speed, 9.5mph, the Wedge all the way down doesn't change the wake that much on a 23LSV. The Wedge 1/2 down creates way too much drag, and we have to apply too much throttle to keep the boat going. It just feels like it's straining everything too much, but this is just my opinion.