Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-30-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
So we buy our '05 v215 from the dealer, "unwinterize" it, take it out, and the gauges don't work. We check to see if everything looks hooked up right under the dash, and it does ( but of course we are no experts). We do a little research and figure it could be the Medallion 1600 computer unit. We call up the company and they say that it probably needs to be replaced due to water building up in it and freezing. so, we buy a new one. We hooked it up this afternoon and turn the key, not so far that the engine turns over, but still get nothing. Should it be working by now? Like do the gas gauges usually bounce up if you turn the key to that point? or do we need to put it in the water and fire it up all the way? Is it not the Medallion 1600 at all?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
Yes the gauges should move when the key moves to the acc position.
Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-30-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
If that is the case, then do you have any other ideas what the problem could be?
Old     (RanchDweller)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
I am not sure if this helps, but my Malibu had the same problem. I bought the computer that runs the gauges and still nothing. It turned out to be a loose "cannon" plug on the engine. The cannon plug is the main connection to the gauge computer from the engine. I am not sure if your 05 Sanger has a Cannon plug or not. My 07 Sanger all of the gauges shake and reset when you turn the key to the accessory position. The position just before turning on the engine. The gas gauge and voltage gauge will read their level so the guages should work in the garage ~Just a thought.
Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-30-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
thanks for the help. it's time to go out and see what your talking about.
Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2010, 9:54 PM Reply   
i just sent you an e-mail as well but will reply to you here as well. I am having the same problem with my '01 Sanger. I was told that resetting the gauges sometimes helps which can be done at the dealer if you can get an appointment. This may not do any good because you replaced your Module (Medallion). My next step is to replace my Medallion as well. DO you happen to have their number or website? I can only find companies to sell their guages and know nothing about the module.
In answer to your questions, yes the gauges will all move and do a test cycle when you first turn the ignition on.
Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-01-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
I was able to fix it using the following link... http://www.epicmarine.com/docs/MDCtrouble.PDF
it is a great resource to pin point your issue.