Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-10-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
So I just sold my truck and yanked my two JL 12's and JL amp. I want to put them BOTH in my boat. My question is where would be the best place to put two 12's??? They arent really expensive JL's they are low level w/smaller magnet, but they rocked in my truck. Thanks!!!
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-10-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
what kind of boat you got? If you got the room, one under your dash (control panel) for sure.

the second is debatable. I put my second in the battery compartment. and let me tell you it boomed. in fact too much. raddled teeth, t*ts, and everything in the boat. .

so im working on replacing the second, b/c it was tons of base up front but nothing in the rear. Im thinking of actually running lines into the rear of the boat and put it in the very back under everything. Im thinking it will be muffled for sure but im wondering how much.

My second option is to actually build a box\cooler. My buds always bring their cooler (even though i have one) So im thinking of building a box close to the rear of the boat and part of that box will be a cooler as well.

I'll let you know what the final product is. But you should def keep both, it sounds so much better.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-10-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
I was thinking about putting one under the wrap around seating behind the driver. and one directly across from that one on pasenger side under the seat. i saw that somebody had built a box behind the drivers seat...which is cool but i would rather not lose floor space. i wonder if a speaker box/cooler combo would shake up beverages??? shook up beer all day??? who knows...
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-10-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
2 posts and you still haven't listed what kind of boat you have.

We can't offer any advice without pictures of what your working with or a description of what it is.

Most people put their subs under each console. I put 2 10's under each console in my 07 Supra 24SSVGG, and both are in sealed enclosures.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-10-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
OH...sorry John I figured my profile name 05 Elite V C4 and my profile picture was explanation enough. I have a 2005 Elite V C4 Centurion Air Warrior.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-10-2009, 11:46 PM Reply   
^^^^^^

You still haven't given us your name either!!!!

There is a picture of a boat on here that has some of the square kicker subs mounted under the seat on the port side of the boat... If it was tall enough, you could probably put a round sub in there too...

I also recall seeing 2 subs mounted under the helm. I think they were mounted diagnally. (sp?)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-11-2009, 5:23 AM Reply   
OH...sorry John I figured my profile name 05 Elite V C4 and my profile picture was explanation enough. I have a 2005 Elite V C4 Centurion Air Warrior.

Right.... I don't pay attention to names because when people choose their username they do just like you did, 05elitevc4, but what happens when they get a new boat? They've still got the same username. Usernames mean nothing to me, and it would've taken you 3 seconds to type out what boat you have in the original post instead of making people guess...

Anyway

The pic that C.R. is talking about is in the towrig section pretty close to the bottom. The boat has 1 15" under the helm and 6 8" Kicker subs in a row under the port side seating area.

It would still help if you'd post pictures here instead of making us look at your profile
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-11-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
YEAH SEAN!!! JESUS. GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

John does bring up a valid point about the user name, then getting a new boat... FOR INSTANCE, I think my profile says I own a Supra.. Which I have since sold, and I'm about to have an Enzo!!! YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

What kind of budget/ modifications are you looking to do to your boat?

Here are some ideas.. Mostly from posts I've seen in the past.

1. If you can shoe horn both of them under the helm area, that's probably going to be your best / cheapest / easiest route.

2. You can put them under the port side storage, but they say you have to cut a vent out roughly the size of the cone on your sub to let the sound escape efficiently. They do make some grills to put over these openings that look pretty custom. Again, depends on budget. Earmark Car Audio makes some of these. They are pricey, but they do good work.

3. I saw another project where the guy built a ported enclosure in the center of the bow area and put a cushion on it to make the front area a playpen area...

I'm all idead out...

Give us your major credit card info, billing address, and the three little numbers on the back and we'll be able to help you better!!!