Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (datim)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-03-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Does anyone out there have any experience with an 80s CC Mustang. I'm looking at an 83 Mustang, that's in good condition and around $3500 which is pretty much around what I can afford right now for a boat. I'm just wondering what kind of wake that boat puts out. Any info from someone who has any knowledge or experience with one of these and knows what kind of wake they produce when weighted down would be appreciated. Thanks
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-04-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
lots of good information and helpful forum members here www.correctcraftfan.com
Old     (datim)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
Bump.

I've posted a question in the CCfan forum, but haven't gotten much response. Anyone here know anything about the CC Mustangs and the wake they throw? Thanks
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-07-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
I'd try to find a 1978-1981 Ski Nautique, it's like a mustang but a bit larger and has the 351 engine. (my boat). I'm sure you'll be able to get one for that money and is much more wakeboard adaptable.

(Message edited by luchog on August 07, 2007)
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
Mustangs are nice boats and should throw a decent wake. But the are really small and I don't think they came with swim platforms. All the one's I know of had a little ladder, which would be a bitch to get in and out of.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       08-07-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
I have slalomed behind one. they are small and I don't know how much you can weight one down. Also, most of them have a small V8, I think maybe under 200hp, so you have to wonder about how it would push a lot of weight.

Go test it with a couple of large friends. For $3500, you should be able to get your money's worth and have some fun, but not a pro wake.
Old     (datim)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info, everyone. Very helpful. I decided against it. I found a SN2001 close by and it looks like I might be able to get it for not much more than this one. Needs interior work, but I'm most interested in the wake. Floor and stringers are good.