Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Well it finally happen I got Two Small but deep dings in my V210 in two days that must be fixed.

The First one, I dropped a rack mounting bracket when I was trying to move it to a new location on the Tower. ouch!!

The Second one a rider fell while Wake surfing and Launch the board right into the Back deck of the Boat. Ouch!! It didn't do too much damage to the Board but it put a Nasty ding in the Boat.

I looked a Grants Post on his Gel coat repairs and it looks pretty easy.

I called Spectra and they don't stock Gel Coat for Sanger.

The Two Colors I need are Red and SilverCloud

So does anyone have any Suggestions on who to call next??

Thanks for the help.

Chris
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
Chris,

Gel Coat Products in Seattle (206-781-1162, http://gelcoatproducts.com/) makes Sanger gel coat. If you can buy from / ship it to a "business" they will sell it to you wholesale, saving about 20-25% (from what I remember).

Mine still didn't match exactly and I have yet to finish up the color match. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...=mathing+white
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-31-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Call Sanger with your hull number and they can send you some
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2011, 2:03 PM Reply   
So I ordered the Gelcoat from Sanger because Gelcoat Products doesn't stock my year (08) colors. I will be calling Gelcoat Products back to order the Cadalyst, because Sanger doesn't sell it. Anyone have any input on working with this stuff, since it doesn't come in a Paste like the stuff Grant used.
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
Change in Plan I spoke to Gelcoat Products and got all the instruction on how to turn the Gelcoat into a Paste. Clearly way to complex to even try. But GelCoat Products said for a Small fee they will mix the Sanger Gelcoat in a Paste for me which seems much easier. So I will end up with a Quart of Sanger Red and Quart of Silver Cloud Paste. So if anyone needs to fill some Dings in those Colors I will have tons of Extra! They said the paste should stay good for at least 6 months.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-31-2011, 8:09 PM Reply   
Chris, how much is all this costing you? My boat is the same colors and I've been trying to figure out the best way to patch up some dings. I would be willing to take your extras if you're not going to hold on to them, just let me know how much you'd want for them.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
Chris,

I'll buy some of that Silver Cloud from you. I'll need about a film roll case worth, preferably two. PM me with details & I'll send you my address & some money.
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-01-2011, 8:27 AM Reply   
Andy Sounds Good, it should be about 2 weeks till I get the Paste back.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-01-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Chris,

I'd buy some off you as well. Does anyone know if the SilverCloud is the same for all years? Mine is a 2003 V230.

Is this the same stuff as what you are getting?

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/gelcoat...lvercloud.aspx

Last edited by twelve02; 06-01-2011 at 5:08 PM.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
Tommy Boy brings up a good question. Mine is 2002. Gel Coat Products would know yes?