Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       04-30-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
I just heard back from Bryan over at the Lynwood motoplex . The review is on! It sounds like he will be out with the inland surfer boys (Jeff and Lance) next week tweeking the wave. I told him I would gladly wait till they are done to do the review so look forward to alot of pictures and coments. If there is any point of interest that needs close up pics speak your peace now..lol

P.S. please keep your fingers crossed that we have good weather soon to get this done asap. This is Seattle after all.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
Tell them to bring an enzo sac. It wont fit perfect but should work well.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
That's awesome news by the way.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-30-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
I would also like to see what the wave looks like "safely" loaded. What I mean by this, is that I would like to see what the wave looks like running a few inches below the rub rail. I think this is important because I see all of these nice waves, but a lot of them are produced by nearly sinking the boat. My guess is that the wave still should be great because the Enzo has a very solid wave with just the Enzo sac and a few people.

Thanks.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-01-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
That's a good price. Would love to do a nice review on an affordable boat with a great wake on both sides.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-01-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffymahoney View Post
I usually email him. What did he say?
I spoke with Vicky for quite a while, then had e-mail response. Said they are behind in building boats as they were scaled way back. Apparently they have been making some additional changes to the boat, interior, dash, graphics, and working on a new tower. Sounds like production should be online and cooking soon. Looks like we might also get a nice independent review as well.

They said they will have some out in my area in 3 weeks, I will check it out then.

He also sent me these pics.

I do not like the graphics on the surfing picture, but the red one I do like.
Attached Images

Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
I like how they sent out a picture of the shortest, stubbiest wave so they can show how "big" it can get. I want to see how far back you can ride that thing. Height without length is nothing, just like length without height is nothing.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-01-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
I agree with you. Looks like this boat needs about 500 lbs in the bow. that would bring the nose down and lengthen that baby out. The wave picture is earlier in the post, and that is one of the reasons that I wanted to see what a REAL surfer would feel about the boat if they spent some time riding behind it. I feel it will be good, but I am not sure.

To digress I went out with a buddy who bought a new x45 and was telling me how great the wake was. Well it turns out they were only going about 10 MPH and making a hard left turn to get their HUGE wake. The only problem was you had to have the nose of your board on the swim platform to be in the pocket. I have found that TALL does not mean good. You need length, shape and power from the wave. The boat you are in makes a HUGE difference, as does speed, weight, and how the weight is distributed. I am sure that someone in the know will figure this boat out soon. Looking forward to some REAL grass roots photos!!
Old     (rrw71)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-01-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
I might take the family to look later. I'll try and get some pictures of the lockers and storage if I do.
Attached Images

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-01-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
Could you measure the lockers, I want to get firm numbers for custom enzo sacs.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-01-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Also under the seats for the finger of the enzo sac.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
Im still waiting to try that wake..
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-02-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
So I am editing pics and video from this weekend, and I did an interview, and got the straight story on price and such on this boat. I will post links when I am done.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-02-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Sweet! Now you got me excited
Old     (rrw71)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-02-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
Didn't get back over there. Maybe Thursday... Brian might have had it on the water by then also.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-03-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
So here you go, make sure you pay attention to the ending, where we talk about the v226. I am very curious/excited to see these.

http://wake9.com/blogs/blog/2010/05/...m-opening-day/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2010, 11:10 PM Reply   
Cool video, I hope the event is a big success.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-04-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
me too. Seems like more and more people are getting excited about it now that the sun is out. Crazy that it was snowing here less than a week ago, and now its beautiful outside.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-04-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
Ragboy - Great video. FYI - my 4 year wears his swim goggles to keep the spray out of his eyes when he surfs with me. It definitely has help him enjoy it more.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-04-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
I had a V226 for almost two weeks last year as a demo and used the boat everyday - I should see our 2010 this month and it will be ready to demo if anybody is close to Northern California. Hit me up James and we will put one to the test!

PM me if anybody wants pricing -
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-04-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
Can't wait here what yall all think of this boat after getting to really surf one.

Maybe its just me, but the more and more that I look at that pic with the mackin wave, it looks to me that the boat is slowing down, but I could be off on that one (and hope I am, but that wave is just crazy)

I'm guessing the dealer in Texas I found online folded. Website is down and phone number is bad. Still waiting for Supreme to get back to me.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-06-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
So I spoke to Andrew from KalKustoms today, he confirmed there will be one v226 to pull demos all weekend. It is not the 8.1 with the switchblade, but should be an example of a boat that should retail for $50-55k range. It will be very interesting to see.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-06-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
Brian from Lynnwood Motor Plex ask us to go out and help him set up the v226 wave today on Lake Sammamish WA. We'll have a video link of the wave and ride here soon. Just a note: We were impressed ! [ good times ]
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-06-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
The suspense is killing me!
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-07-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
Duffy, I sincerely think they are trying to kill us both off by the suspense!!!

Jeff look forward to your video and report.
Old     (lksamm)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-07-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
Here's a iPhone pic of Jeff behind the the 226.
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Hey Mark,

Definitely looks like a nice wake, clean. Is it the same on the other side, or do you even care?

Sorry, couldn't help it! ;-)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-07-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Looks really short. I wonder what the speed is. I can't wait for details
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-07-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Looks to me like the boat is quite flat, and not listing to the port side. Also, it looks like the water is WAYYYYY below the rub line. How much weight did you guys have? Looks like you could have a TON more weight in that boat.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-07-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
It's pretty tough to tell. I think it's leaning pretty hard. Not as much as my avalanche.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-07-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Picture isn't oriented correctly in the frame

I agree with you Duffy, looks like its leaning pretty good
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-07-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (lksamm)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-07-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Man, you guys know your stuff! It's amazing what a trained eye can gather from one picture.

We only tested it on the port side (boats have two sides???)
The wake was VERY tall but not quite as long as I would like to see it (skim riders would LOVE it though)
Very clean wake
Lots of power at the end of the wake
The boat was leaning more than an I'm use to with my Enzo and slightly more "bow high"
Not sure how fast we were going because it was set to RPM mode and we aren't smart enough to change it
We had stock ballast full except for the bow (emptied the bow ballast to clean the wake up), 750 in the locker, 500ish on the back seat and the same on the side seat
The rub rail was STILL AT LEAST 8in from the water (impressive)
Trim was at 10%
Tried to lengthen the wake with speed but weren't successful

Over all, I think you could put an Enzo style sac in the boat and be very happy with the wake. For the price, it's going to be a great surf boat!
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-07-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
What do you mean weren't successful? Did it wash out with speed? What about counter weighting and then speeding up? I need to really test one of these beasts!
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-07-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
Here's a video link on the V226 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PsAuMrHtsw
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-08-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
I think some real time and effort needs to be put into this boat and really dial it in. Looked sort of like my Avalanche wave but smaller, and shorter.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
@mark

does a boat have 2 sides....

You crack me up man, that's what I figured. Looking forward to seeing you in August. RJ still talks about the time he got to surf with you, you made quite an impression on him. Of course, we watched all your vides before, when he was learning to shred on the loogeys.

I got my hands on one of the demos for the festival, the sweet spot. RJ only got a chance to ride it backside, you know, since you had no idea there was another side. ;-) But he said it was really fast, and would like to get a proper session. So we are taking it out tomorrow for a proper session.
Old    mobster            05-08-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
fixed it for ya
Attached Images

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-17-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
I was expecting a lot more than what that video showed.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-17-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
We have lots of pictures and video from that boat, and the tige boats, Just be patient with us, lots of work, and we are also recuperating. I will have contest pictures up today, some of them, and then we will be posting video and images all week. The images and video are AMAZING.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
looks like their only going around 8mph. wave is way too short for me. like to see speed and weight info on that pic.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
Guess i should have read your reply Mark, my bad!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
now i'm all messed up, I originally was talking about the side view pic with the curl. Marks pic is a bit better wave IMO
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
Loved the live video Ragboy, K.Riff must of done well in the Wake9 comp (according to his facebook post) LOL hope the weekend weas a success!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
I got to ride behind the supreme a few times this weekend. the wake is amazing. longest wake i have ridden with tons of push. hopefully some pictures get posted soon. everyone that rode behind the boat was impressed.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-17-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
Johnny said that it's an awesome wave. Slightly less power then a enzo but equal or close to equal on both sides. Can't wait for the videos!
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-18-2010, 8:10 PM Reply   
I think Ragboy was going to post a full review sometime soon on Wake9
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-18-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
I am going to be posting vide and images this week on wake9.com, but not a full review. Andrew and Vicki from KalKustoms told me that as soon as they have a few boats built, they will bring one up for us to spend the day with on Lake Oroville. Once I know the date, I will let you know. If you are in the area, we can have some fun and I can pull some demos and film for the review and podcast, get a "community" opinion.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-19-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
So....did you not get to spend much time on the boat last weekend? Sounds like you just got a quick ride.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
I didn't actually get on it, I was too busy. But I sent RJ and Maddie to ride and video tape with the photographer. Dennis also went for an extended ride. All said the wake was great. Dennis also made another comment, that he was very excited about, both the RZ2 and the V226, when weighted properly, were able to plane without cavitation. That was pretty cool.

So I have every confidence the boat puts out a great wake on both sides, and will do a review like we did on the RZ2 soon.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-23-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
OK, so I don't really have chase boat images or video, but I will be getting some soon with a full review, at least that is the plan. But here are some great shots by Wilsey from inside the boat during a surf session, with both Goofy and Regular Riders, including many familiar faces. I will post video by tomorrow here:

http://wake9.com/festival

Here are the images of just the V226 Wake.

http://wake9.com/blogs/2010-wake9-ti...-supreme-v226/

Feel free to post some of those images inline here, I am just been sitting at the console for a while, and need to take a break. ;-)
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-26-2010, 2:47 AM Reply   
ok, so sorry for the delay on the video, but we have had tons of images and video to work through. So here is the video with several riders, including Chase Hazen.

For the HD version of the video, go here: http://wake9.com/festival

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
Old     (Kjb12)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-12-2010, 12:02 AM Reply   
Rag boy, I'm trying to set up my V226 and I was curious to know what the weight and speed you were using on the test?

Im at work now until early aug. and just want to get an idea of what sac's and sizes I should look for to dial it in when I get back?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2010, 12:28 AM Reply   
That is a question for the Wakeologist. He set it up.

http://wake9.com/community/forumdisp...he-Wakeologist
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
In the pics of the boat being built, where is that plant? the boat looks nice and seems to be priced right, but it still has a lot of the characteristics of Centurion - minus the pickle fork bow.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-13-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
The plant is in Ca, don't get to caught up on the $50k price, that would be with out a trailer, bimini Z5 cargo, and a non DTS CAT engine, and as of now, you can only get them with a DTS CAT, so with that being said if the rest of the boat was basic, 59 would be a good price on the west coast.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
The plant is in Ca, don't get to caught up on the $50k price, that would be with out a trailer, bimini Z5 cargo, and a non DTS CAT engine, and as of now, you can only get them with a DTS CAT, so with that being said if the rest of the boat was basic, 59 would be a good price on the west coast.
That makes sense now. Because in one of the pics, there is an Centurion being built in the background. You can see just the hull. Black boat with tribal flame. I bet they are being built in the same plant as Centurion, Epic and Gekko.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-13-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
nope, Calabria plant
Old     (Kjb12)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-16-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffymahoney View Post
Yeah for sure. Dennis said on this thread that wake9 might get to test one. I talked to one of the designers and it's deeper then an enzo and the deep part of the hull starts sooner on the boat thus displacing more water. The angles are a mix between an enzo and an avalanche. The designer was also the enzo designer, which is a huge plus in my book. Lockers will hold a 1800 pound enzo type fat sac. At least that's from my measurements. I can't wait to see what this boat can do.
Duffy, Do you have the measurements for the lockers on this boat? I bought one in April and surfed all of june on it with just stock ballast and people and it was great we had a tonne of fun!! Now Im back at work in the middle east and due home in early august, so Im trying to get the locker spec's so I can order a few sac's.... any sugestions??
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Call your local supreme rep. I don't have good measurements. I have rough ones from the factory.
Old     (Kjb12)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-16-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
Thanks for the quick reply... No worries im still waiting to hear back from Andrew Huff on those measurements.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-16-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
New V226 coming soon
Attached Images

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-16-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
My demo should be here next week - I hope so its 110 degrees right now!
Attached Images

Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-27-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
delayed with new dash not fitting, damn it's hot out ! And the wind today is 4mph, I am hating looking out the window at the glass lake! What to do, take it with the old or wait another month for the new? It's a 2011 so I should wait for the 2011 dash?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Thats a tough one. I guess depends on what comes on the new dash.
Old     (Kjb12)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
Drew, I would suggest you wait for the 2011dash.... but get a hold of them and make sure its only going to take a month. You don't want to make the choice to wait and then have them tell you its going to be another month. I have a 2010 and I wish it had the new dash... for the bling factor! but other than that the boat has been great and I just want to be out there on it everyday!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-27-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input, I was given an option of taking it with the old (for times sake) and then replacing it with the new after it is retro fitted. We shall see how it goes.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-28-2010, 4:14 AM Reply   
@Robert, the new one has a cubby hole with rubber lining on both sides of the wheel for phones, ipods, etc, that wont slide out and of course the new smart tow screen
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
That sounds nice, I think I would take the old dash now and get the new one done at end of season.
Old     (Kjb12)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Drew, If you can take it now and have one retro fitted at the end of the seaon I would tell them wrap it up your on your way!! I would like to look into adding the that dash in the off season... Are you dealing with the factory or with a dealership?? I just ordered 2800+ lbs of sac's for it and will be loading it up in a couple weeks, I'll let you know who it goes.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-28-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
Sa weet !
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
drew and TQ those boats are soooooooo sweet!!!! What kind of financing did you find?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-29-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
cash..lol