Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (lf140)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-11-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
I'm looking to get a new board and would like some input on these 2 boards shane or lyman.

Thanks
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-11-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
shane
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-11-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
I have both and I prefer the Shane.

Perhaps it's my lack of technique, but I feel I get a little better pop out of the Shane. The Lyman is looser when flat, but they both track about the same when on edge. Landings are the same on both boards as well.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
Shane
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
I have been on both, and for my riding style Shane is WAY better.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
I've ridden both and would rather ride the Lyman. I found I had to ride the Shane without fins. It locks in and tracks too well. Great pop though.

I have a Shane 140 white with picture frame if you're interested.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-11-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
If you prefer the Lyman I have one that I just bought from someone on WW that I will sell for cheap. However, the guy I bought it from failed to mention that the board has small holes on the underside near the edge and also shows signs of delamenating at the tips. It also has a couple of stickers on it that he didn't mention either. It rides fine though. I paid $165 shipped for it. I will sell it for $150 shipped since it is not in perfect condition as the guy who sold it to me said it was.

(Message edited by nauty on March 11, 2009)
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-11-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
Boardersbestbuy.com has the 08 Lyman 143 for $160.

http://boardersbestbuy.com/
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-11-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
My opinion might not mean too much, I have only been riding about one and a half seasons. Unfortunately, I dont have a bag of tricks like most of these guys. Coming off of the LF Fish, I tried both boards and felt WAY more comfy on the Shane, which is my new ride. The lyman seemed like a bullet to me compared to the shane...just too fast for me. Also coming from the Fish, the width of the Shane felt much better to me right off the bat. I also thought the landings on the Lyman were harder. (relatively speaking). Hope this helps a bit.