Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    norcal_99            06-02-2003, 3:22 PM Reply   
Hey is there any one around the Chicago area I can get out on the lake with? I'll be there from Friday June 6th - Friday June 13th. I can't ride due to a torn MCL & ACL but it would be cool to meet and hang out. I got funds for gas, drinks, launch fee etc. Also, if you ever get over to Norcal I'll give you a pull behind my X.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-03-2003, 6:09 AM Reply   
Yeah, I got you. Give me a call 815-378-4753
Old    norcal_99            06-03-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
Thanks Shawn, I'll give you a call when I get into Chicago.

Here's my cell 408 250-3319
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-04-2003, 5:47 AM Reply   
Rene,

It sounds like Sunday the 8th will be the best day. If you want to get out on Saturday as well, I can get you hooked up there. You don't have to worry about funds. In your present state, you are everyone's favorite passenger. One that know's what they are doing inside the boat, and doesn't use up any riding time. Sorry to hear about the ACL and MCL. Give me a call when you get into town. I'll give you directions.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-04-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
Rene, where exactly in Chicago are you gonna be? I might be able to hook up up as well.

~Forrest
www.midwestwakefest.com
Old    norcal_99            06-04-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
I'm staying at the Lenox Suites Hotel 616 North Rush Street Chicago IL 60611 How far is it from the lake?
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-04-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
You're about an hour and a half away from the river. It's no big deal though. Are you getting a rental car? If not, no big deal, the Metra runs out of Union Station, and I could pick you up from the Naperville Station (Route 59). You could alsom come out to the Joliet Station for that matter. It's not bad, because on weekends they run more express trains than local. Just give me a call, and we can work it out.

Shawn
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-04-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
Rush St. is probably like a mile away from Lake Michigan. I know some people that ride out that way. Give barto@shredshop.com an e-mail & tell him Forrest sent you. Sorry I won't be around much next week. What are you in town for??
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-04-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
Right by carmines, down the street from spiagga, mortons, gibsons, how I miss Chicago. Don't forget to hit Gold Coast Dogs.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-05-2003, 6:13 AM Reply   
Oh man, speaking of food...I found a new place if you like meat. Fogo De Chao....oh mama...all you can eat meats. www.fogodechao.com excellent food!! my mouth is watering just think about it.

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-05-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
Bro, Fogo is by far the best restaurant I've ever been to!!! It's insane, if your a meat lover of course....I ate like a pig!

BTW, Rene, I'm in NW Indiana, just about 40 mins by car from were you'll be staying. You're welcome in our boat. But if you can get down to the river and meet up with Shawn and them, do it, it's a good time!
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-10-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
Don't waiste any time at the salad bar if you go to Fogo...just keep the green circle up and keep the meat coming. We'll be out tomorrow afternoon at about 2pm, Thursday by 4pm, and heading to the river this weekend. Probably Friday-Sunday.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-13-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
OOOHHHman all this talk about Fogo's is killing me....mmmmmm it's not even 10am yet & I am already craving the parmeasan pork, and the little chicken legs, and the sauages.... I say we all meet there sometime.....
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
Name the day and time, we're there!....mmmmmm...parmeasan pork....mmmmm...I gotta go eat something now
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-13-2003, 8:35 PM Reply   
How about the night before Midwest Wake Fest?