Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-17-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
Finally got out today to look at the X-30 we found. I guess the first thing to say is that I was pretty disappointed in the condition and quality of the boat. It wasn't a really high hour boat, but looked like it was. There was a lot of loose panels, cracks in panels around the screws, loose seats, loose hinges, etc. This is a 2004 with right around 500 hours. I thought MC was known for their quality and fit and finish?? You can tell the quality a lot better when the boat is 10-15 years old then when they are all shiny and new. My off brand 1997 Pro Am Skier is in the same condition if not better than the MC which is supposed to be the creme of the crop for quality. With all that said we do like the size and lay out of the boat. Just will need some repair to be in the condition we want. So if we can buy accordingly I may be interested.

Hull is pretty good. Few marks around but nothing out of the ordinary. Does have several open spots to glass along the lower chine. Maybe a half dozen about the size of a pencil eraser. Probably gel voids by where they are at. Would ask the dealer to repair these. Trailer looks good.

Inside. Vinyl is terrible. Not from use but looks like it was poor quality product used. The dealer said this was common in those years. Lots of separation and pulling at seems, color bleed. Really poor overall condition. Could tell it is workmanship/quality and not damage because it's thru out the boat. Carpet is really short and matted down. Looks like the same cheap carpet thats in my Pro am, but again I expect better in a MC. Panel by the throttle has almost all of the screw holes busted out from either bouncing or hull flex. Drivers seats rocks like a lazy boy!!

The boat is optioned as follows: MCX motor, tower, racks, tower speakers, bimini, lights, clarion stereo with 6 speakers in the boat plus a 12 and 2 amps, cover, perfect pass, factory ballast(hard tanks with center bag), depth finder, etc.

Boat is at a dealer and they are asking $36,500. With options NADA average is 34K and 30K low. I would consider this a low book boat for my area. When I asked where they were at with it the guy told me make him an offer. He's a Malibu dealer and said he didn't want to sit on it.

So any experience with this boat I would love to hear. Also anyone know about the vinyl issue? Can I still get factory skins? Estimated cost to replace..thats a lot of vinyl!!